Widowhood Cocks Advice

Guest nikkimass35

Guest nikkimass35

Hi all. My cocks have been on widowhood since monday. They are excersing ok round the loft and there first race on widowhood is tommorrow night. They have had 3 races on natural. Im after a few ideas on what to do before i put them in the basket tomorrow night. for example do i show them the hens and if so how long for. This is the first time time i tried widowhood. The birds seem calm apart from the yearlings. I let the cocks out today and 1 of the yearlings flew for 3 hours bringing back hens from somewhere. Is this normal. Look forward to your replies. Mass

Hi all. My cocks have been on widowhood since monday. They are excersing ok round the loft and there first race on widowhood is tommorrow night. They have had 3 races on natural. Im after a few ideas on what to do before i put them in the basket tomorrow night. for example do i show them the hens and if so how long for. This is the first time time i tried widowhood. The birds seem calm apart from the yearlings. I let the cocks out today and 1 of the yearlings flew for 3 hours bringing back hens from somewhere. Is this normal. Look forward to your replies. Mass

suprised at 62 views and no comments , heres what i would do (and have done tonight) show them the bowl only , and send them . may not tumble in tommorow , but after that ........... get ready . :animatedpigeons:

I WOULD NOT LET COCK OUT FRIDAY REST AND FEED EARLY WHAT THEY WANT FOR A HOUR THEN TAKE AWAY YEARLINGB TEND TO GET OER EXCITED WITH SHOWING HENS JUST TURN BOWL OVER AND HAVE HEN WAITING ON RETURN LEAVE HENS WITH THEM ABOUT 1 HOUR AS RACE GETS LONGER LEAVE IN LONGER

SHOW HENS AFTER COUPLE RACES WHEN SETTLED TO IT.

ITS A KEEP THEM GUESSING GAME

Having only started on widowhood last year I have also got a lot to learn,we all make mistake's but as my late uncle stated if you make the same one twice your thick.Found i got some of my best results with altering things with the cocks regarding there boxes sometimes would allow them 3 boxes each,stick another cock in one half of the box,found that they performed best when kept to a very strict routine and also perfecting the feeding regarding the race and conditions play's a big factor,overfeeding will be most fanciers downfall whether natural or widowhood ,whatever best to do what suits yourself but always remember system system :emoticon-0123-party:

Having only started on widowhood last year I have also got a lot to learn,we all make mistake's but as my late uncle stated if you make the same one twice your thick.Found i got some of my best results with altering things with the cocks regarding there boxes sometimes would allow them 3 boxes each,stick another cock in one half of the box,found that they performed best when kept to a very strict routine and also perfecting the feeding regarding the race and conditions play's a big factor,overfeeding will be most fanciers downfall whether natural or widowhood ,whatever best to do what suits yourself but always remember system system :emoticon-0123-party:

good advice you wont go far wrong following the above

If I had the time to do it like I used to, we had a very successful year racing by turning bowls leave cocks half an hour basket them. Then place there hens in there boxes. Open loft doors and with a trolley or pram sort of thing I'd run the birds back and forth infront of the doors the cocks would go mental and they knew the hens were waiting

I was reading all ur posts there about widowhood cocks. I have been racing all my cocks this yr & into my 3rd race,starting from 70 miles till a 153 miles.I gave my cocks diet 200 from a saturday-tuesday..on a tuestday nite i gave them 1oz of widowhood mix,then i just build them up till thursday extra xtra.I have tried just puting the cocks in with the nest bowls & showing there hens on return from the race,but they seem not moving for me? Could anyone help me with a system? or any advice?

many thanks

MY ADVICE TO ANYONE TRYING WIDOWHOOD IS FIND A COPY OF THE WIDOWHOOD YEAR BY DAVE ALLEN

ITS A MUST OR BETTER STILL METHODS UPDATE VOLUME ONE BY JOHN HALSTEAD AND ANY OF HIS DVDS OR BOOKS ON SAID SUBJECT

ALL VERY EASY TO FOLLOW. HOPE THIS HELPS ;)

I was reading all ur posts there about widowhood cocks. I have been racing all my cocks this yr & into my 3rd race,starting from 70 miles till a 153 miles.I gave my cocks diet 200 from a saturday-tuesday..on a tuestday nite i gave them 1oz of widowhood mix,then i just build them up till thursday extra xtra.I have tried just puting the cocks in with the nest bowls & showing there hens on return from the race,but they seem not moving for me? Could anyone help me with a system? or any advice?

many thanks

Takes 3 to 4 races for yearlings to realise what widowhoods about mate