Lothian Charity Show

Chucky

Good morning gents just to inform the fancy that the show will no longer carry on , the committee had a meeting last night and decided to finish the charity show up . It was a hard decision after giving 58,000 pounds over the years to st johns hospital once again we would like to thank everybody over the years for the kind donations and assitance .

Good morning gents just to inform the fancy that the show will no longer carry on , the committee had a meeting last night and decided to finish the charity show up . It was a hard decision after giving 58,000 pounds over the years to st johns hospital once again we would like to thank everybody over the years for the kind donations and assitance .

great shame as i had some smashing times showing doos and catching up with old friends. :( :(

Guest ENDFLIGHT

SAD TO HEAR THIS NEWS,BUT IT IS JUST FURTHER DEMISE OF OUR HOBBY,WELL DONE TO ALL THOSE WHO WORKED TIRELESLY LONG AND HARD OVER THE YEARS .THE PIGEON FANCIERS GET LITTLE RECOGNITION BY THE PUBLIC IN GENERAL FOR ALL THE GOOD CHARITY WORK THEY DO,I WONDER IF THIS WILL GET NOTICED,NOW THAT IT IS NO LONGER FORETHCUMMING ? :(:(:( ,VERY SAD INDEED

sad to see a lot of the big shows falling but it is for the best as the ordinary racing fancier will get a better idea of the quality of there stock competing at local shows as the racing classes at big shows are flooded with pigeons with show blood in them and very few racing fanciers compete at major shows

sad to see a lot of the big shows falling but it is for the best as the ordinary racing fancier will get a better idea of the quality of there stock competing at local shows as the racing classes at big shows are flooded with pigeons with show blood in them and very few racing fanciers compete at major shows

On what evidence do you get that? Last whitburn show was cleaned up with D Mathieson and son (yourselfs), And have also had a good racing season again this year. Also R Walker and Daughter where very succesfull at this show. More top racing fanciers?

On what evidence do you get that? Last whitburn show was cleaned up with D Mathieson and son (yourselfs), And have also had a good racing season again this year. Also R Walker and Daughter where very succesfull at this show. More top racing fanciers?

thanks for the compliment brian ijust think we get a better opinion of our pigeons when we are competing at local shows against good racing fanciers and some fanciers showing at big shows have admitted to me that there is show pigeons in the pigeons that they show

thanks for the compliment brian ijust think we get a better opinion of our pigeons when we are competing at local shows against good racing fanciers and some fanciers showing at big shows have admitted to me that there is show pigeons in the pigeons that they show

Yeah am defo not going to say there aint show cross in the classes as we all know there are... All I am meaning as its down to judge to split whats racer and whats not. I believe Whitburn was always the best show as the judges where top class and knew what was needed to win. Just dont like the idea that shows are going to start dissapearing as this one was always well supported and now gone so god help the ones that scrape past each year. And the way SNFC and SNRPC got returns for the nationals be intresting to see if the usual suspects have 5-6 in 300-500 mile classes as if they do then they must have got the best returns in Scotland to have sent a team and got returns! I myself got 2/10 marlborough and 0/1 Eastbourne. Defo nothing for show pens tho

a judge shouldnt have to sort them out these people that show racing pigeons with show blood in them are just trying to make a fool of top nat fliers asked to judge and also a extremly beautiful racing pigeon can be condemmed for having show blood in it if a judge trys to sort them out when in actual fact it should have been the winner

a judge shouldnt have to sort them out these people that show racing pigeons with show blood in them are just trying to make a fool of top nat fliers asked to judge and also a extremly beautiful racing pigeon can be condemmed for having show blood in it if a judge trys to sort them out when in actual fact it should have been the winner

Yeah agreed there

sad to see a lot of the big shows falling but it is for the best as the ordinary racing fancier will get a better idea of the quality of there stock competing at local shows.........

Nonsense !!

Who in their right mind would allow the outcome of a show , big or small, dictate to them the 'quality of their stock' ??