Administration Of Pigeon Organisations

I wonder how members of this site view those fanciers who assume the sometimes onerous tasks of administering pigeon organisations.There are many competent and skillfull fanciers out there who would run a mile before becoming involved in the running of federations or clubs.At the same time many fanciers protest loudly when democratic decisions do not suit them.We are all in this game together and we must help each other in the last years of what may be a dying sport.There is no future in being inward looking and in promoting your own club at the expense of the fancy as a whole.For pigeon racing to have a future we must all work together for the furtherance of our hobby.I make no apology for returning to this subject as sometimes I feel that pigeon racing is tearing itself to bits.

• 3 weeks later...

Some fanciers are not suited to the task of admin in clubs/fed and they sometimes find this out to their own detrement or that of the organisation. Some fanciers are defo siuted to the task but have other commitments that rule their lives! We are left with the fanciers who have both time and the acumin for the role, this is usually a retired person.

Walter, you are obviously( for me ) the right man for the job as our president and I understand the diffoculties you must cope with but commitees are notoriously fickle and the fed has been thrown a curved ball by an organised 'revolt' by the west section which was confounded by apathy from the east! JMO

Guest Gareth Rankin

Some fanciers are not suited to the task of admin in clubs/fed and they sometimes find this out to their own detrement or that of the organisation. Some fanciers are defo siuted to the task but have other commitments that rule their lives! We are left with the fanciers who have both time and the acumin for the role, this is usually a retired person.

Walter, you are obviously( for me ) the right man for the job as our president and I understand the diffoculties you must cope with but commitees are notoriously fickle and the fed has been thrown a curved ball by an organised 'revolt' by the west section which was confounded by apathy from the east! JMO

Good post Steven,

Though there are a few cracking administrators jobs in the Scottish doo game, one job where you only have 7 races and occur an expense to its members of £18,000-19,000.

Guest bigda

Good post Steven,

Though there are a few cracking administrators jobs in the Scottish doo game, one job where you only have 7 races and occur an expense to its members of £18,000-19,000.

oh whats this then, :emoticon-0136-giggle: £2,714.28 per race

that more than the amout of money raised for a race. if this was the Scottish national, your talking about. you all need yer heeds looked, as to allow this to have happened, 7 races and a few holidays to check out race sites, oh dear i thought the national was on the ball, mind you it would be a good we earner for me that, part time work if you want to save money i"ll be forced to do the work for you at a loss to me for

£12,000 saving you all £7,000 to go towards yer new trailer :emoticon-0137-clapping::emoticon-0137-clapping: