The time now is Tue Dec 09, 2013 21:41 View unanswered posts

View posts since last visit

Inbox Inbox Outbox Sent Sent To send Logged Logged

FAQ Search Profile You have no new messages Log out [sTB]

Recently visited us Mon Nov 11, 2013 20:43

The time now is Tue Dec 09, 2013 21:41 View unanswered posts

View posts since last visit

Inbox Inbox Outbox Sent Sent To send Logged Logged

:emoticon-0140-rofl: :emoticon-0140-rofl: :emoticon-0140-rofl: how did you do that i was lokking the words up online in polish :animatedpigeons:

:emoticon-0140-rofl: :emoticon-0140-rofl: :emoticon-0140-rofl: how did you do that i was lokking the words up online in polish :animatedpigeons:

If I told yer that I'd have to kill you ...................

Simple google translate and if you have google chrome it usually automatically translates pages lol :emoticon-0140-rofl: :emoticon-0140-rofl: :emoticon-0140-rofl:

It is intresting how most of the modern day strains/families I see don't show this trait any more unless they are well advanced in years ,I do rememember years ago there seemed to be more of this type around .

Why do you think that is ?

Do you think it was selected against by the fanciers ,or is it just how the modern day bird has evolved over the years . just curious as to your thoughts on it . :)

I keep a family here that show good wattle and eye cere size ,they mature quick in head qualities . they are Kirkpatrick/barker based but are a mix of whatever birds Iike the look of ,I tend to pick birds with the same qualities ,so most of the parents and grand parents have big wattles ect...

Here are some photos of 2012 cocks I bred last year ,notice the tusks on the lower beak . hope the pics work ,if the don't bear with me and ill try again.

Nice photos of your pigeons dublin boy you have them in cracking condition, just like to know apart from the like for the large wattles do you breed them for their colours and showing and do you compete with them in any races.

Thanks paddy ,Yes mainly for looks and colour ,Most have not been tested for generations , though I have given some of my old tuplin barkers out to friends that race .some have done well when crossed ,One guy has some 3 year olds from me that will be tested to france next year .

Thanks for the info dublin boy, the Barkers must be still doing alright for your mate when their still in his loft at 3 years old. A few fanciers up here in Derry had good results in days gone by into the N/west, not too many about these days. Where did your Kirkpatrick pigeons originate from ??, I still fly them in my race team and they can hold their own against the best when it comes to the channel races.

Thanks for the info dublin boy, the Barkers must be still doing alright for your mate when their still in his loft at 3 years old. A few fanciers up here in Derry had good results in days gone by into the N/west, not too many about these days. Where did your Kirkpatrick pigeons originate from ??, I still fly them in my race team and they can hold their own against the best when it comes to the channel races.

No problem Paddy ,Yeah he said they have done England to Ireland so far ,and was happy with them , and was waiting til they were 3 yrs old to send them to france which will be next year so it`ll be intresting to see how they get on .

Some of my kirkpatricks I picked up here and there ,But most came from a man that lived in Co.Carlow I did`nt know him personally but when he passed away I was asked by his son in law to rehome his birds ,they were all yellows ,I picked what I liked and parted with the rest ,but not much information on them at all .

One of my original hens , Brian .

That is a beauty Brian and in cracking condition, you certainly look after them well, the colouring of the hen is class :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping: do you know what age she is ??

She`s an 04 paddy and still filling her eggs ,She does have a ring on its hidden under her feathered legs ,She is split for recessive white ,and rec red which means when put to the right cocks she throws pure whites with bull eyes and the choco mueleman type reds .

Thanks Brian, I like the yellow and choco coloured birds, I have a few pair of west of england tumblers as well as my race birds and I have a few yellow and reds amongst them. At the moment their just sitting about in the aviary but I hope to eventually get involved with the show side of pigeons but I'm sure you know yourself that theres not much of a show scene up here in the North.

Thanks Brian, I like the yellow and choco coloured birds, I have a few pair of west of england tumblers as well as my race birds and I have a few yellow and reds amongst them. At the moment their just sitting about in the aviary but I hope to eventually get involved with the show side of pigeons but I'm sure you know yourself that theres not much of a show scene up here in the North.

I keep some fancies too paddy , Irish Flying Tumblers ,and Spanish Theif Pouters .I like the wests but have never kept them .

The show scene in general in Ireland isn't very big say compared to the u.k , but yeah more down here than up the north .Still good fun ,and something to do during the winter months .

Maybe if I get organised I might get a visit down to one of the Southern shows next year Brian :)

You should Paddy , Theres 2 in limerick a young bird show in august , and the main open show in October , then you have another open show in Carlow in November ,racing and fancy classes at this one . Then theres the Dublin show in November also, theres other club shows i can let you know about if your intrested when the time comes .