Varhaeys Pigeons

chrisbonnie

Chris i assume they the ones on donedeal? Brendan McCann has Verheyes and Vandenabeeles.

thats the one Mick,

i just bought 4 birds from brendan earlier, a very nice man i have to say, very accommodating to a novice like myself.

i had only planned on buying 1 bird for my dad for christmas, but as chance would have it, my dad left his stock loft door open earlier, and 4 got out, hence why i then had to buy 2 pairs as quick as possible for my dad, otherwise he wouldnt be breeding enough for the coming season

i was just trying to get some feedback on what i bought, im not overly bothered about the names of the birds, as i think brendans results speak volumes, but curiosty always eats away at you doesnt it :emoticon-0138-thinking:

Guest lenwadebob

Speak to "boxer" on here he has some good ones

Here are a few of the old Verheyes that were at Louella in the early 80's

Thunderbolt, Quickstep, Carlotta, Black toney, Foxtrot, Speedway, Miss Behaving, Muffin Boy, Vindora, Duty Free, Ein Witpen, Rainstorm, Miss Polly, Action Man, Barberella......

..... and some of Verheyes old originals

De Sproete, Ein Witpen, Dochter Witpen, Jonge Merckx, De Jonge Kapoen, Het Bloistje, Den Braven, Blauw Krakske, Den Bonten, Blauw Witpen, De Jonge Goen

Take a look at these

http://www.pipa.be/artikelsnew/gallez/verheye.htm

http://www.pigeonnetwork.com/articles/Verheye.html

Hope this helps

Yes Bob,wish we had some more of the Old lines you mentioned,19 year old Grandson of Rainstorm the last of them for us,but his children and grand children,are still producing the goods,but getting very difficult to get hold of now,ours are becoming very inbred as you can imagine,but will cross well,with the old Lefebre Dhaenens,boxer wants to give the Vandebeeles a go with them this year. :santa-dance::santa-dance: