Baffled

Roland

Has always been the Tory's policy of High unemployment...

However I am at pains how this works.

The last two days have seen 1 million jobs losses, Armed services, and the Budget etc. etc.

- Without other knock on effects of thousands more daily losing their jobs - plus the lost of 'Good Feel' factor.

Of course this will resolve in more job losses and budget cutting.

So A. How can there be more jobs available to force people back to work? Let alone those already unable to find a job.

B. How does spending out £200 - £300 per week, on another million, two million more on top of those that have rapidly lost out since June... Nigh another Million! Yes how paying these persons each not working £200 - £200 a week help the economy?

especially when they want to work and have been working. This alone will result in over £30 Billion extra taken out of our ecomony THIS year alone!

Surely, like the 150,000 houses now being scrapped putting even more thousands on the dole, instead of them paying into the government coffers! Surely it is a better choice to have them working!

Never mind forcing them to work.... can't work because the building etc. etc are grinding to a halt and NO NEW jobs are available. OK they will say there is, and the gullible will echo as such! But that is just to get support to fiddle the unemployed out of the dues that they have a right to and have earnt!

How does the knock on effect of thousands soon to be losing their homes and being evicted help any party etc. the Tory mockers that are Housing associations - those that will once again like Thatcher intended gobble up these homes at a fraction of the their true worth of course will benefit!

How does making another couple of million or so unemployed valuate that knocking back and causing hardship of those that want to work, but like the other few million soon to be, can't get a job, and of course the WAGES will be a pittance of what they were - So how does cutting back, and refusing if you have money saved, any benefit help those that can get jobs that aren't there ;)

Why is - like Thatcher who said 'Dentists' the poor don't need them didn’t have them in the 17th centaury!... go private, BUT couldn't because they were all full up, and people were travelling 100 miles and more to see a dentist help the good feel factor and your tooth ache!

How will this soon to be £10 / £15 appointment fees help the working class working, let alone those that aren't and can't claim any benefit to help towards costs.

How can 'We all be in it'? What a load of squabble squeak that SH&TE IS. Only the middle class and workers are in it! And soon up to the necks in it.

How does the fact that the best results ever in bringing down crime - The Rich aren't effected YET! - and lower than 30 years ago, after bring in much needed new Bobbies means it is better to slash 40,000 police jobs to make it a better and safer place to live in.

It so sad and pathetic to even is a joke. Typically Tory remedies 'Hammer those not able to fight back, Make the richer, and put more into their personal coffers.

The cr$p about the Labour party getting us in to the quad mire eh!

It was the rich greedy bankers, It was voted, which Chameleon and his party voted for and went along with, to BORROW money because businesses, and nigh every one relies on Banks!

the realism that nigh ALL other countries followed suit of Gordon, and are now feeling the benefits of going along that road.

Four years it is till w need to pay first instalment AND NO rising interest as it is a set rate.... So why not get the economy going and then as Gordon said when on a sound footing again start reducing our Bill. Like Gordon did when he finally repaid ALL our doubts of.... which the Tories couldn't and refused to do.

Baffled ;)

I'd love for those Tory voters, especially those soon to lose their' jobs, to answer that.

This was sent to a Tory etc. etc. who invited questions and concerns VIA me!

He came back, which I could post to prove, but that won't happen - 'Neither do we know....'

some valid points there Roland , we bailed out the banks with tax payers money they continue to give themselves massive bonuses , it was hinted at giving the banks a commeral tax , there reply was if was too high they'd leave the country !!! this goverment can't do the maths although i do believe the infrastructure needs a shake up and most of these quangos need binning as most do same job as many of others , i do belive were heading for the biggest down turn and as you say the poor will suffer the most the middle class will feel like working class again and the rich will be happy with there cash off shore evading british tax , perhaps if they closed these loop holes in these so called tax havens this country would be in a better shape :)

Yep for starters TAX to be paid on every £ that is earnt / sold etc. in this country. Not a pittance because they are living it up in Monte Carlo, Channel islands etc. etc.

Mind the biggest tradgety again may well be the public turning nasty again with each other.

Mind will will be having the street lined with waste. There will be strikes galore. No legistration can force a man / woman to work. And it is a Human right to do what you please with your hours and labour.

Bosses are allowed to withdraw their money. To sell of their assetts.

Managerment are entitled to go and work else where etc.

The only thing that the working man has is the right to withdraw his labour. OK it now means that certain - needless - channels have to be adhered to.

How ever if 1250 of the 1300 workers all were sick for a day or so, or week, then that again is their right.

France is just starting....

to be fair its the same who ever is in power work your backsides off to pay bills and to live on plus to keep you entertained with hobby you enjoy doing and taxs go to people that dont wont to work and also get sent over seas what happened to the great in grest britain its been lost years now were to much of a push overs sending thousands over to over seas there rubbing there hands together must see us coming a mile off :(

was talking to an ex minner at the weekend , he said the reason thatcher was closing the mines down werent because of cheaper coal abroad , it was to get rid of the biggest threat in this country to the goverment and that was to disband the biggest Union , i do believe were going to be in for a rough ride , but i can't see either cleggy or Cameron getting another term in office , just goes to show Labour were doing well , but yes they could of been doing a whole lot better and doing radical change rather than fudging along with what the tories left them and continuing with bogus expenses claims and second homes when young familys struggle to get the one house :)

to be fair its the same who ever is in power work your backsides off to pay bills and to live on plus to keep you entertained with hobby you enjoy doing and taxs go to people that dont wont to work and also get sent over seas what happened to the great in grest britain its been lost years now were to much of a push overs sending thousands over to over seas there rubbing there hands together must see us coming a mile off :(

:angry: spot on,fed up keeping sponger's, I now have to work another year to keep these lovely people in the style that they are used to. :angry:

The politicians don't like it when the masses get a few quid about them so they make these cuts to put us in our place, well the Tories do it this way, Labour simply shaft every guy who has the initiative to work for himself with heavy taxes and complicated tax systems that allows them to dip your pocket at will.

Meanwhile ALL politicians live in relative luxury feeding off money procured from the rest of us. I HATE THE LOT OF THEM.

The politicians don't like it when the masses get a few quid about them so they make these cuts to put us in our place, well the Tories do it this way, Labour simply shaft every guy who has the initiative to work for himself with heavy taxes and complicated tax systems that allows them to dip your pocket at will.

Meanwhile ALL politicians live in relative luxury feeding off money procured from the rest of us. I HATE THE LOT OF THEM.

your not alone john I wonder if they will charge these 3 lords with theft I THINK NOT,but the are just barred for being bad boy's and girl's.the'll get back in to rob us again.

Well Daisymay you too may well become a unemployed soon. You too will then be penalised for losing your job, and until you have spent most of your savings you won't get much at all... and all your working days will be futile as this goverment blames you and tells you to get on your bike like they did in the 30's and get a job! No matter that there aren't any. Nor that those that come up will be a darnsite less than you earn now and that's a fact!

it makes no differance who is in power we are all going to moan about how much they are taking away from us, we have 2 major problems in this country, we dont have any politicians with any common sense who will stand up and call a spade a spade,If you want a politician who is going to stand up for the common man you are going to have to get them voted in If you earn more you should be willing to pay a little more in, But there is no sense in paying local government employees £100,000 a year, THEY DONT EARN IT in fact i dont think anyone can EARN it, Another problem is that we just dont make anything in this country anymore, we are to happy to take cheap inferior goods from other countries, they dont last very long so we throw them away and buy more, the chineese just love us to bits, they have an economy growing so fast they dont know what to do with all the money, Money we have spent buying cheap rubbish, do you think they are going to buy anything from us and let us earn a little, Not A Chance

Yep Yorkshirelad, but in your opinion, how does laying off workers, in employment, and paying them £10000 - 15,000 Plus1 to stay at home instead of putting into the coffers make the country - NOT the affluent - rich! And for every £100.000 public sector worker earning that amount there are 1000's earning less than £13,000! So perhaps one should look at reality and ask.

Same as the Head of a Council earning £1000' the rest are just over the minium wage. And rightly so if that is the going rate. Ermm £13,00 eh!!! ;) Seems that most of the millions losing their jobs are going to be better off.... B)

I think Tories played on general 'scrounger' view most folk throughout this country appear to have on unemployed people and people on benefits. Yes, agree there's those that milk the system but there are also those who genuinely rely on it.

Disabled person on TV the other day, filmed at home, confined to a wheelchair, had a home assistant who cooked & set meals for her. Woman said she was 'terrified' that support would be removed, didn't know how she could live her life without it. Thought Government wanted folk to live free from terror in this country? Go for soft Target that can't bite back.

On the other hand, have to laugh at those working who howl 'scrounger' yet claim to put in 14-hour shifts. Don't they know that they are keeping at least 1 person out of a job, possibly on the dole? I spent 8 years on dole. Wasn't a pleasant experience.

Yep been there I.B. too.

When they Tories said to me and countless others 'You will have to take a job at Wellingborough and do 5 days there 'Free' and a Saturday morning.

I asked about expences naturally and was Told I would recieve £5 for my Saturday morning shift to cover that. So this isn't nothing new.... just more servere.

Now in the year of 'Only one answer which is Yes' as the evil cow put over the Tories liturally said every man should own his own castle -(Yes) but then kept the sales of the Council houses and the councils couldn't build new houses --- then put interest rates up 18% at one time though 12 - 14 was the gist.

Threw millions out of work - High unemployment as always -

This was to have the effect, which it did, or 1000's losing their' homes every day! But lol and behold the rich bought these up at dirt prices and formed the 'Housing associations....' more money to the elbow.

Now as for giving the jewelly away which BELONGED to the British people who actually own them these got sold over our heads illegally - made more money for the affluent.

But cost us more.

The railways after being sold of straight of cost the tax payer twice as more! Now it is collosal the millions every day the tax payer pours into the Railways.... YET the Board take millions of pound out of it as pament ever year.

over £800 million a week and rising! Don't see much cutting back on their wages like the Bankers Bonuses etc.

And Chameleon worships the Holy Cow! Wants to be like her!

Help! help!

Can't speak for rest of UK, but the 'right to buy' your local authority home is set to be stopped in Scotland. There were millions of these homes sold here, and I don't have a problem with that as folks had been paying rent & improving their homes for years - and seeing nothing back for that just wasn't fair. But stopping local authorities from building new houses for rent created a shortage of housing for folks that couldn't afford to buy their own and needed affordable home to live in. Meant some folk waiting years for a home and we've all heard of the teenagers who got pregnant to jump those queues.

In Scotland, things have come full circle, as there are now folk who bought local authority accommodation can't afford their mortgages. Rather than have those folk lose their home, Scottish Government has agreed a buy-back scheme that allows eligible folks to sell their property back to local authority, remain in their home, and revert back to paying rent. They think the sums add up???? Average 3-bed ex-local authority home hereabouts sells for £80, 000. New build is around £120, 000 (haven't seen any!!!) so local authority gets a home for rent at £40, 000 discount on new-build. But what isn't factored in is the local authority previously owned that property and sold it donkey's years ago for a discount price of something like £8, 000. So in my eyes they are paying a previous tenant £80, 000 for a house that cost them a knock-down price of £8, 000, and picking up future insurance, maintenance and repairs costs for that house. For me thats the true cost, and it doesn't add-up. ;)

Guest spin cycle

we need a revolution,like the original french one,cut off a few heads.

the french revolution led to around 25 years of war...and led to the defeat at waterloo...post war the common people we're right back to square one. still that was better than 'uncle joe'

The answer is staring us in the face for Scotland anyway, let us go on our own what do we need with London politicians who only come up here on overnight visits to lecture us and tell us "we are all in this together"As far as Nick Clegg is concerned if you talk and act like a tory you are a tory.I have all respect for the wonderful English people whom I have admired all my life but in my old age I am becoming more and more convinced that in Scotland we would be better on our own .

Guest spin cycle

The answer is staring us in the face for Scotland anyway, let us go on our own what do we need with London politicians who only come up here on overnight visits to lecture us and tell us "we are all in this together"As far as Nick Clegg is concerned if you talk and act like a tory you are a tory.I have all respect for the wonderful English people whom I have admired all my life but in my old age I am becoming more and more convinced that in Scotland we would be better on our own .

'the midlothian question'....labour don't want you to go because scottish votes give them the edge....mind you the tories don't want you to go because they are 'the conservative and unionist party'

Tories don't want you to go lol.... else they lose 3 seats .... nearly.

I would have no problem with any of the home countries going it alone. As long as they pay their own way it would surely be a worthwhile proposition.

Mind might have a problem in some circles of sport regards their having 4 represenative instead of one. But then the West Indies have several indepent teams etc.

Guest spin cycle

i suspect many tories would love scots independence....but as they are officially 'The Conservative and Unionist Party' they can't admit it...labour won't let scotland go because they need the mps....labour wouldn't entertain a coalition with the snp (despite alec salmond offering it) and this one of the reasons the lib dems opted for the tories

I believe history shows Westminster caused Devolution, for the reasons you have just given, and history may be set to repeat itself as this could be the final shove for Scotland going it alone.

i suspect many tories would love scots independence....but as they are officially 'The Conservative and Unionist Party' they can't admit it...labour won't let scotland go because they need the mps....labour wouldn't entertain a coalition with the snp (despite alec salmond offering it) and this one of the reasons the lib dems opted for the tories

Sorry, but if all the other MP's formed a coalition with labour they still just fall short of having enough numbers.

f course they would or they would have got hot of these cruds. Also they would dare do hal of the lining of their own nests.

Never mind this 'All in it together ... the poorer and most defenceless will be in deep C&ap and the rest just suffering in the quadmire.

The rich lot won't be in it... the only be in it for them is rising bank accounts.

Guest spin cycle

Sorry, but if all the other MP's formed a coalition with labour they still just fall short of having enough numbers.

f course they would or they would have got hot of these cruds. Also they would dare do hal of the lining of their own nests.

Never mind this 'All in it together ... the poorer and most defenceless will be in deep C&ap and the rest just suffering in the quadmire.

The rich lot won't be in it... the only be in it for them is rising bank accounts.

labour could have formed a coalition with the lib dems , plaid, snp and possibly not needed the unionists.....alec salmond offered talks but he was rebuffed. the lib dems stood to the left of labour in the election...gordon brown was the biggest problem to clegg...so they went with the party that got the most mps. i find it difficult to believe that the lib dems would have supported the cuts if they'd been any alternative. but as a country we need to borrow money and the world won't lend it to us if they think we're going to go 'bust'.

like the man says Clegg went to the Dearest public school - Westminster - is a multi millionaire, likes like and acts like a Tory eletist, and ais in calhoots with the Tories. He is dishonest, and like Chameleon changes suit and colour when to own advantage. He told out right untruths and false promises to be elected, and like the Tories he has go back on, and will continue to go back on his word and promises just like the Tories... so to all intent and purpose he act and IS a tory. Etc. etc. etc. Vinnyis also a disgrace and ALL of the KNEW what the short fall thge BANKERS had cause. All agreed it was the way forward, and now slyly use it as A labour inflicted problem... and The Goverment has borrow 16 BIllion already which they tried to keep secret. 7 Billin in August and 9 billion in September, and Rising... but where' it going and whom is it going to help.... Why the Tories and the rich of course lol! Gosh am I the only genious (Lol spelling) able to work that out lol.

Yep Yorkshirelad, but in your opinion, how does laying off workers, in employment, and paying them £10000 - 15,000 Plus1 to stay at home instead of putting into the coffers make the country - NOT the affluent - rich! And for every £100.000 public sector worker earning that amount there are 1000's earning less than £13,000! So perhaps one should look at reality and ask.

Same as the Head of a Council earning £1000' the rest are just over the minium wage. And rightly so if that is the going rate. Ermm £13,00 eh!!! ;) Seems that most of the millions losing their jobs are going to be better off.... B)

if we all stopped buying crap from abroad and were happy to earn a living wage we would not have enough men or women to do all the work, and by a living wage i dont mean a couple of foreign holidays every year, a new car every couple of years, a couple of meals out every week etc, lets get some common sense folks, we cant have our cake and eat, We have to stop paying our employees, yes we all employ local and national goverment employees their wages a damm sight more than they can reasonably earn in 38 hrs a week