More Loft Pictures

Guest newcomer

Guest newcomer

Although I have the landing boards to finish the outside of my loft is done. The sliding ceilings have worked out perfect with the ventilation, and if the floor has any water on it, it dries out in moments. The barn door is brilliant for having more air flow through the loft when the weather is hot and it throws more light up the loft and through the partition doors. I have the nest boxes to build or buy, and two more sets of box perches to make and the inside will be complete. I would again like to thank all those people on this site for their encouragement and help with ideas. I will be starting the aviary soon for the stock birds section and I hope to give an update when it is finally finished, trouble is the wife wants me to get on with the rest of the garden and get that finished. Can’t complain she has helped me so far so I have to stay in her good books. Forgive the order of the photos they are placed where the computer puts them. All the best every one.

post-9668-12856960853734_thumb.jpg

post-9668-12856961082712_thumb.jpg

post-9668-12856961251449_thumb.jpg

post-9668-12856961585938_thumb.jpg

post-9668-12856961787025_thumb.jpg

post-9668-12856962196777_thumb.jpg

post-9668-12856962594775_thumb.jpg

post-9668-12856962991006_thumb.jpg

post-9668-1285696325507_thumb.jpg

Guest newcomer

What did you put behind the 'decking' as protection ?

I lined the outside wall with good quality 4ml ply but I covered the ply both sides with as much creosote as it would absorb before fitting to frame. Then I butted the decking as close as I could get them together, the boards are treated but I again covered them with creosote. Please remember the inside is also skinned out and I used weather proof fence paint both sides. It has been tested as it has seen some bad rains and winds and so far so good no leaks what so ever, I hope this helps.