Training Late Breds Over The Winter

sapper756

I was wondering how many PB members will be training late breds over the winter periodhttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif or will you be leaving them till nearer the the start of the next season?http://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

I,ll be training late breds through the winter gently gently, and continue the training with the old birds next year. It wont be till the following year that they will be on the road, going as far as the young bird programme. The following year after that its all the way. Thats the plan anyway :D

I Never train my latebreds, they are treated exactly like the others when training starts the following year. My best pigeons have all been latebreds and have all gone into the yearling Derby 250mls as yearlings, before stopping them until 2yr old. I have never seen the sense in training doos when they are the only ones for the BOPS to target in the sky as is the case after racing stops. omo

i train latebred birds lightly through the winter,

i have 14 latebred birds this year they will have around 5 tosses of about 15 miles throughout the winter then will get the same training as the other birds maybe 3 or 4 tosses from 30 to 50 miles before racing starts in april, over the years i have found that some of my best birds have been latebred birds and as yearlings i only put them as far as rotherham 300 miles