Swainston Feeding

Roundo

Would like to know the members opinions of their feeding.

I was looking over their advert they have in this weeks BHW (p163) and couldn't quite

believe the prices.

What a massive saving that would be compared to the prices I've been paying recently.

Your comments would be much appreciated.

Colin.

Guest bigda

there aint much wrong with it mate there best all round is fine also there classic, they have a few mixes and straights also years ago there was only one type the co-op type and they still won

buy a versa bag to add when needed so dont let them

say diff, if it sprouts with in the week there aint notting wrong with it

Guest Davy Fleming

Having sold feeding for a number of years I personally always used V/Laga and didn't like the look of JAS but know there was some really good fanciers who came to me and would only buy the JAS and were very successful in there own right. So it's only your preference I'm afraid, but for what it's worth, V/Laga for me. Remember there are also some other top quality mixes going about as well i,e, Marimans, Gem, Natural they are all good.

Guest bigda

Having sold feeding for a number of years I personally always used V/Laga and didn't like the look of JAS but know there was some really good fanciers who came to me and would only buy the JAS and were very successful in there own right. So it's only your preference I'm afraid, but for what it's worth, V/Laga for me. Remember there are also some other top quality mixes going about as well i,e, Marimans, Gem, Natural they are all good.

yes would agree davy polished grain is like when you want to sell your car you add wax

i think this is what is wrong with the fancy nowadays were sucked in by the highly polished feeds and they look pleasing to the human eye but personally i don't think the bird gives a sook,i don't race using JAS but i use the all round when the racing finishes and they come out and perform the next year just the same and i've won my fair share of our club shows feeding same so if i'm getting 2 bags for the price of 1 VL then as bigda pointed out a fool and his money are easily parted JMO PS my auld man won the john donald trophy in the midland fed for the best average over 17 races including the channel feeding guess what JAS TROPHY. ;)

Guest bigda

I've been using Versele Laga mixes for years now, and to be honest I wouldn't change.

It would just be interesting to hear from fanciers that are flying successfully who are feeding Swainston's own mixes.

Colin.

they now own three companys and grow there own corn but they are trying hard to be the only supplier hevens forbid