Welsh National F.C. Reims

Guest tom123

Guest strapper

well what can i say..sent 10 birds nil returns..after 12hours...many birds missing..3 members in the club with only a bird each.

birds been in basket since friday night...another disaster for me..and a few others.

Guest strapper

Paul I hope they make it back tomorrow.. another tough day with a north east wind,, these winds are sometimes very tough on the birds..

fingers crossed they get home tomorrow or later

ant

hi ant m8...yes a tough race...ive had fanciers phoning stating they have very experienced birds missing.

i think maybe another nail in the coffin of me remaining a fancier..wont take too much to call it a day very soon.

Guest strapper

Chin up Paul,l hope they turn up for you,Robert.

cheers rob m8...ive got 1-2 good birds in that lot missing ..maybe 1-2 back tomorrow

boys down here had a flakeing down here from lillers on friday not a bird on the day.i sent 3 havent seen a feather im gutted these birds all section winners.not a chance in hell of any reported neava do.hope you get them back boys.im only hopeing

Guest strapper

Have a look on welshnational.co.uk.

We sent 19 have 2 so far,love to know what happened to them,

keep your chin up Paul mate,you cant win em all you greedy sod :P;)

hiya baz m8..i wouldnt mind coming last ..it would have meant i had a bird home .. :lol::lol::lol:

Have a look on welshnational.co.uk.

We sent 19 have 2 so far,love to know what happened to them,

keep your chin up Paul mate,you cant win em all you greedy sod :P;)

Good enough velocity for the winners but there is no mention of returns.What do you think went wrong. <_<

how many bad races have there been since using the new transporter?

Hi guys.

I hope the birds turn up tomorrow for you all.

you make a good point about the transporter. It is state of the art we cant deny that, probably one of the most uptodate transporters out there, but what test have they really done with it. we have aircon but no digital thermometers to see if it controls the temperature, you have birds in aluminium and plastic crates, they create there on heat and it has to go somewhere, what we need in the baskets randomley are minimum and maximum thermometers so we can really see if the birds are overheating. I dont think for one minute the birds are being mistreated, but i do believe its temperature related, theres good evidence of birds being dehydrated from races. we've moved into the 20th century with the transporter now lets move it into the 21st century. at least we would have something to work on then. you cant fix something if you dont know what the problem is.

Good luck again guys.

Jas.

Guest strapper

on the lilliers race i dropped 20 birds from 36..unbelievable !

i thought my birds a day or two b4 that race were ready..im no novice at racing and no expert either but you dont drop 20 oldbirds from a race of only 254mls wether it be a north wind or not.

there were no other feds i believe around to alter the birds route home.

i had 4 birds in and around the oxford area reported?..why there..its on route..too de hydrated to continue?..well i had one report that it dropped in early on that same morning dehydrated..why should an oldbird in this day and age be dehydrated? in such a short distance fly from liberation.

2 were very kindly picked up by pjc(phil)from the oxford area for me.

uptill now ive still got 12 missing..including several fed card winners with 2-3yrs experience of over the water racing.

one thing the birds failure to come home cant be blamed on, is illness or fitness.

now we have another race 2 weeks later and lots of birds missing again?

well i deffinately wont be sending anymore oldbirds over the water with our fed this year..and maybe not any comebacks either.

im not stating in anyway its the feds fault, but something isnt right somewhere.

im gonna concentrate now on the youngbirds and have a rethink wether i will be in the sport next season or not.

The biggest problem seems dehydration.

Are they getting water? I asume the trailer has a corridor drinking system running the length of the trailer so would have to be perfectly level for all to get water.

Also as has been said above is the temp being monitored, are the birds being kept in cold/cool conditions then as they are released, bang straight into heat?

I'm not in this fed/combine but it seems strange others aren't suffering similar problems so it needs a full investigation for the birds and members alike.

Guest strapper

The biggest problem seems dehydration.

Are they getting water? I asume the trailer has a corridor drinking system running the length of the trailer so would have to be perfectly level for all to get water.

Also as has been said above is the temp being monitored, are the birds being kept in cold/cool conditions then as they are released, bang straight into heat?

I'm not in this fed/combine but it seems strange others aren't suffering similar problems so it needs a full investigation for the birds and members alike.

hit the nail on the head phil ;)

ive heard a rumour that upto 80% are missing as of last night?

Guest tom123

what was it this weekend

fri wse combine took a hit from lillers 50% missing

sun b.i.c.c. took a hit (members not timing in with teams of 18 etc)

monday we took one (figures not confirmed but hell of a lot away)

?

Guest neil

your wrong about the combine on friday Tom,yes they were patchey early on but the fanciers i have spoken to seem universal in that birds were gappy but between 6pm-7pm there was a large return of birds and those around my area are only a few at worst,i cannot comment on further flying fanciers or other areas but i havent heared any horror stories of birds missing only slow ones.

The talk at the national making station on friday night was of times not birds missing.

hope this rain/mist clears soon and maybe the birds will work through

neil

what was it this weekend

fri wse combine took a hit from lillers 50% missing

sun b.i.c.c. took a hit (members not timing in with teams of 18 etc)

monday we took one (figures not confirmed but hell of a lot away)

I know its no consulation but the Severn Valley pigeons from Carentan were liberated at 13.45 on Saturday when nearly all other feds held, even ones at Carentan,we had no problems with our race most members having very good returns,myself 9 out of 9 mostly yearlings,you ask (what was it this weekend)perfect one for us.

Guest Owen

I have birds away just like everybody else and I am well fed up with the sort of results we are getting. But, as Jason has said, the time has come to look at the transporter in a professional light. We need to know the facts in regard to the environment our birds are kept in. I really do not think that this is the time to have a go at the people in charge, such as the Convoyer or the Race Controller. The last thing that these people want are bad races.

We can measure the temperatures at various points in the Transporter and we can check things like the humidity levels. Then there is air flow, another thing that can be checked. I am not convinced that the birds are able to gain access to the drinkers because of the levels of dehydration we see in them on their return. And, if that is a problem with experienced old birds, we can conclude that the youngsters will have a worse problem. Again, the water intake of the pigeons can be measured and should be. I am also concerned about the fact that I have had birds return home with their feet clogged with dung. Not a small amount but with their toes actually sticking together. I find this unacceptable and we should investigate this problem and sort it out.

The people responsible for the purchase of this machine will have done their best to give us a state of the art facility, with out doubt, but this does not mean that the Makers have got it right. I think that the general opinion of the Average Flyers has come around to believing that there is something seriously wrong. Like most people I will not be prepared to carry on abusing my pigeons by sending with this Transporter. So I urge the Officials to undertake a comprehensive investigation into what may be going wrong. Last year I was subject to disciplinary procedures in regard to comments I made about the condition of my youngsters after some of the races. I want to make it clear that my comments today have been made with the sole intention of trying to improve our race returns.