finding a club to join as a novice??

kev01293

i read somewhere in the past that you should pick your club carefully depending on where you live (north,east,south or west of that club)and how the wind can affect you on race days?  as a novice i thought that i would study my pigeons behaviour for a couple of years and see what i could learn from them before trying my luck at club racing,any advice would be appreciated as i am now looking to start racing next year, thanks,  kev :-/ :-/

where abouts is your loft located?

Loft Location plays a part to some degree in the sprint races but as the distance increases you should be able to hold your own @ club level.

I would look to join a club that is well organised and with a healthy sized membership.

Regards

Andy

Guest REDFOXKRAUTHS
where abouts is your loft located?

Loft Location plays a part to some degree in the sprint races but as the distance increases you should be able to hold your own @ club level.

I would look to join a club that is well organised and with a healthy sized membership.

Regards

Andy

this is good advice i could of joined a combine with 25 memebers sending 400 birds,but i jioed one with160 members sending about 2000

speak to local fanciers, find out their opinion onm the matter, but dont wait a couple of years, get into a club and enjoy the buzz you will get no matter what position you end up!!

Guest TAMMY_1

YOU WANT TO CCOMPETE AGAINST THE BIGGEST AND THE BEST, I KNOW IT IS HARD HERE AT THE START , BEING BEAT ALL THE TIME WILL MAKE YOU TRY ALL THE HARDER AND YOU WILL EVENTUALLY MATCH THEM

to andy(darnaway) my loft is at crawley,west sussex on the south coast,also thanks to tammy, redfoxkrauths,geraint parry and birdman for replying, im not expecting to win anything in my first year but it would be nice to get a card,i will only be doing the sprint races to start with and then take it from there-i cant wait to be sitting in my back garden waiting(hoping)for a bird but it will be good just to take part in it :)

just find local flyers like i did mate when i started ask to come to a club meeting as i did got to know them all learnt new things then i joined the club knowing them all and have raced a yb season in the club the secutary bred me pigeons and sorted me out with my first racers.

Kev, Fly against the BEST from day1,straight in to the NFC,or BICCas your a bit over for BBC, if you start flying with any other clubs,you`ll just be like most on this site ,kidding yourself how good you and your pigeons are,and that will cost you time and money in the long run,for sure.