eggs how old

robert.sutherland

I'm asking this for a friend he  wants to take a round of eggs and put them in the fridge until he can float them under some other pairs for what reason i dont know but does anybody know how long he can do this for Ive herd of doing it for ten days but he wants to do it for longer CAN ANYBODY HELP                                             YOUR IN SPORT      BOB

Don't think they go in the fridge.  :)

Keep at room temperature in a shoebox-sized box, filled with dry straw, shredded paper, or cotton wool.

Lightly 'Mark' one long side of each egg with a felt tip pen, as you need to turn them at least once every 24 hours.

Believe storage up to 14 days is possible before floating under foster pair, never longer.  :)

:Psorry Bruno , dont use a felt tip pen this can bleed into the egg ! use a pencil to mark it (sorry to sound like an old hand but an old hand who new told me)                                           regards    andy  8)

i know that when keeping for 14 yrs... canaries+ other types of birds that it was 7 days in a cool place out of any warmth...but not in a very cold place like a fridge.....paul :)