Horseman Thief Pouter

Webmaster

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Jim R Ramsay

Hi Andy,

Just fly the pouters out, no other competition, as the nearest pouter loft is 15mls away, Also keep racing pigeons .  

Jim.

JIM,

Thats unfortunate cause Im sure they would do some damage by the look of them. Only got racers myself although there is a few horsemen guys within a mile or so radius at the west of Edinburgh, quite serious competition....

• 2 weeks later...

pouters arent great homing birds a couple of miles, i have lost birds which are now hanted and flying for a guy less than 3 mile away, although some of the spanish pouters which are now becoming more popular in glasgow are far superior, there is a picture of one of anthony kellers birds on the AFCC which has been tossed out at 25 miles and came home pretty impressive for a cropper

Speight,

They don't. These are thief pouters, they are supposed to bring other pigeons home, so the further they range from their own loft, the better, as long as they can find their way home. Some people, a few, train their birds and toss them at a distance, usually only about 5 miles, certainly under ten, depending on how far away the nearest loft is. It was really an accident Anthony found out this particular bird could fly that distance, he was moving house and wanted to find out if his birds would, or could try to make it back to the old loft.

• 3 years later...

hi every 1 ive started flying the doos in glasgow, im actually looking for a dealer in the edinburugh area a few of my m8ts deal wae guys fae there i was through at birdievillage last week and got a couple if any 1 interested u can contact me, once im up and running i will b catching well as there are about 30 dookits in a 2 mile radius, much appreciated, james