dead and lost birds

rockinrick

on walking to my yearling/ ybs loft this morning i noticed that the doors were wide open , on looking inside i noticed 3 out of my 12 ybs dead and 1 of my 16 yearlings dead on the floor with no other birds in site , i have sat in the garden from 8.30am till 2100hrs waiting to see if any birds come back with the thought that they maybe were scare by a cat attack or some thing but nothing so i have come to the decision that my birds are in a crate somewhere , i have reported the birds missing and was told it could have been a fox attack and there is nothing anyone can do about it

, b-----ds  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(:o :o :o

the lock had been taken out the door and placed on the side

dont think a fox can do that :-/

this is what i always say in things like this our unions should be taking our case, thats part of their jobs, and we pay for it, so its up to the delegates and councillors to do something.

Guest spin cycle

sorry for you mate. like fifer said foxes can't do locks... unless you left unlocked ( i sometimes can't remember and have to get up) . foxes usually take heads off..but why any 'human' would do such a thing is beyond me (but it appears they do)

Guest speckled
:( hey  rick m8 sozzz to  hear  about  that, well lets  hope ya  have  plenty  returns  tommz, thay  will find  there way  back have  faith m8. :) ya  dont  seem  to  be having the bestest of  luck  ah :-/.hope ya  get  some  home  as i  know  ya will , ;)chin up  m8 ;) Speck

We have a pb member who is a policeman and he advised us always to report crimes against our pigeons and loft. I think you need to report this again Rick as Fifer and others have noted, foxes etc aren't too good at padlocks, especially opening them and hanging them to one side.

They must be caught, especially if it is pigeon people that are responsible.

i have sat at the loft all day nearly and nothing has returned , i have let my old birds out and they have come back with no extra birds attached so i guess the time is to accept loss and put clock back in cupboard lol , it jus goes to show u dont know ure neighbours or so called friends when in the pigeon sport , do you know wat gets me the most , ? its that they had to kill the ybs ???????????? why not take them too why make it look like animal attack ? , anyways thnx all for replys