october at the loft and birds

jimmy white

Guest strapper

just finnished a small flight ive put at the side of the oldbird loft...just to give them more freedom in the sunshine(when we do get some) lol.

painted 3/4 of the lofts in last few days.

just waiting now for birds to finnish moult then they will be parted then treated for the usual things.

also will get the youngbirds used to racing to the oldbird loft ready for next season,they did me proud considering wot they have been through...dont wanna temp fate but best youngbirds ive had for tameness and theres summut about them i like.

yes i think chickadee is quite right,, my post was really to inform fanciers about these dome drinkers , but ok if bleached often ,,[which i didnt do for a while]  the other is a great tip for fanciers getting darkness yb,s to finish  the moult,

last year at this time i bought 12 expensive  darkness yb,s , some had never even threw one flight, [they were kept on darkness too long]but with  the butter milk and some seeds , i even sprayed them every 4 days with warm water [as they didnt get out] this enabled them to complete the moult , moulting 2 or three flights at a time , enableing me to breed yb,s in late  jan , which i gave away free,, quite a few of these yb,s did very well for different fanciers , the point being these were fully moulted birds breeding healthy robust yb,s :)