Jimmy Dicken sale

I'm going on sunday with a friend whose looking for some birds. If anyone has any birds they want delivered to the west midlands from the SW or brought back down to the SW, happy to take for collection at the sale or bring back down from the sale.

I'm going on sunday with a friend whose looking for some birds. If anyone has any birds they want delivered to the west midlands from the SW or brought back down to the SW, happy to take for collection at the sale or bring back down from the sale.

he going for the Van reets or Vandenabeeles??

Just quality birds Mick, doesn't matter what they are called.

I know mate i just sold most of the parents to his "New Generation" ( sundays sale), i bought them last year but the best one i still have and is up for sale, look at lots 2,3,21 and 23 i have the sire 04/653!!

I know mate i just sold most of the parents to his "New Generation" ( sundays sale), i bought them last year but the best one i still have and is up for sale, look at lots 2,3,21 and 23 i have the sire 04/653!!

Lucky man Mick!

Guest SPORTKA

Just got back from there, most birds made around £350-£400 a Marcelis mealy hen made £950, there was nothing cheap there,nice birds though

might go back tommorow and try again as the only thing I bought today was a cup of coffee lol

Did M&D Evans buy lot 1

THe bird was bought by a telephone bidder which I suspect was an M&D Evans agent.  I would not have expected them to bid in open house.  I will be amazed if they haven't bought it.  It must of been one of the main reasons they were there.  Same telephone bidder also won others.  I suspect M&D were there to take away the birds after.  What pees me off is that they can afford to pay more for pigeons than anyone else, cos' they know they can sell offspring out at a good price because of their name.  Us mortals buying to breed for racing are pushed out.  Nothing against them, they've invested time and effort into their stud, and have done well.  But my heart did sink when I saw them on the scene, I have to admit.

THe bird was bought by a telephone bidder which I suspect was an M&D Evans agent.  I would not have expected them to bid in open house.  I will be amazed if they haven't bought it.  It must of been one of the main reasons they were there.  Same telephone bidder also won others.  I suspect M&D were there to take away the birds after.  What pees me off is that they can afford to pay more for pigeons than anyone else, cos' they know they can sell offspring out at a good price because of their name.  Us mortals buying to breed for racing are pushed out.  Nothing against them, they've invested time and effort into their stud, and have done well.  But my heart did sink when I saw them on the scene, I have to admit.

totally agree with what your saying

It may have been M & D Evans, however there were 5 telephone bidders for lot 1! The prices made for the yb were down to £50 in a few cases. The birds were laid out in three tables with double pens back to back on each table, the first were the M & D's the second Fox and the third the crosses. The birds on table 2 looked fantastic. Went through the crosses first figured they would be the cheaper birds, then the Fox pigeons some lovely handlers and v good pigeons.

The M&D didn't look as good and didn't handle as well BUT they were terrific, the best birds without question. Don't think I've ever seen a btch of evans' birds before no wonder they are winning every where. Super pigeons! (My opinion obviously)

For you interest, the sale was attended by M&D Evans.  I just stayed for the Gabys, for which the top price was £1300, (1st lot up).  After that they made about, £300 - £400 each.  Came away with an empty basket, but a full wallet!!

The cock i have here (04/653) was paired to lot 1 to breed lots 21 and 23 both big winners.

It may have been M & D Evans, however there were 5 telephone bidders for lot 1! The prices made for the yb were down to £50 in a few cases. The birds were laid out in three tables with double pens back to back on each table, the first were the M & D's the second Fox and the third the crosses. The birds on table 2 looked fantastic. Went through the crosses first figured they would be the cheaper birds, then the Fox pigeons some lovely handlers and v good pigeons.

The M&D didn't look as good and didn't handle as well BUT they were terrific, the best birds without question. Don't think I've ever seen a btch of evans' birds before no wonder they are winning every where. Super pigeons! (My opinion obviously)

I have to say that the Vandenabeele strain of birds (at the sale and elsewhere) are some of the least handsome, and worst handling birds I've come across.  If I were selecting birds on this basis, I wouldn't give them a second glance.  I sometimes wonder how they have done so well.  However, you can't argue with their record.  

I have to say that the Vandenabeele strain of birds (at the sale and elsewhere) are some of the least handsome, and worst handling birds I've come across.  If I were selecting birds on this basis, I wouldn't give them a second glance.  I sometimes wonder how they have done so well.  However, you can't argue with their record.  

What you reckon on this one??

thought one or two of the syndicate lofts birds looked well and £100 was a decent price for some of them.

Steve thought they looked lovely and there were one or two real bargains. I didn't take any notice of pedigree but lot 45 went for £210 and I thought that was a fantastic pigeon, the best value in the sale for me! Lot 1 was  terrific but if you offered me a choice of them, I would take 45, I also thought the dk ch M&D 3 in the first 12(?) were brilliant and lot 15 a blue cock I think terrific with any of those dk ch h

thought one or two of the syndicate lofts birds looked well and £100 was a decent price for some of them.

In the scheme of things I suppose your right Steve; good looking well bred birds.  But have we not got used to paying inflated prices for untried birds. To put it into perspective, I have to do a whole day's bloody hard graft to pay for just one of those £100 pigeons.  And that's before tax!!

In the scheme of things I suppose your right Steve; good looking well bred birds.  But have we not got used to paying inflated prices for untried birds. To put it into perspective, I have to do a whole day's bloody hard graft to pay for just one of those £100 pigeons.  And that's before tax!!

You're overpaid (evil)

Steve thought they looked lovely and there were one or two real bargains. I didn't take any notice of pedigree but lot 45 went for £210 and I thought that was a fantastic pigeon, the best value in the sale for me! Lot 1 was  terrific but if you offered me a choice of them, I would take 45, I also thought the dk ch M&D 3 in the first 12(?) were brilliant and lot 15 a blue cock I think terrific with any of those dk ch h

Well i have to say if you would of picked any those dark ones from the Blenkhorn pair you would not of gone wrong!! Very underated and what ever they went for would be a bargain, what was in the sale was just tip of the iceberg for that pair!!