Sex Indicator

john robo

In the bhw theres a ad for a sex indicator that tells the sex of your birds from eggs to adult. there also 1 on the m&m web site. has anyone tried it,does it work

http://www.murrayandmills.co.uk/catalog/erol.html#2348x0&&http%3A%252F%252Fwww.google.co.uk%252Fsearch%3Fhl%3Den%26q%3Dsex+indicator+pigeon%26btnG%3DSearch%26meta%3Dcr%253DcountryUK%257CcountryGB

:)

get 2 marbles ,a white one and a black one, put them in a box over your head and let them roll around for 20 sec and then reach in and pick one out while holding the bird you want to know the sex of. If the ball is white it is a hen ,if black it a Cock. This works 50 % of the time without fail and much cheaper to buy  ::)

tie a screw on a piece of string move it from side to side above the base of the tail.if the string stays swinging from side to side it's a cock if it starts to circle it's a hen.never been wrong for me.

THIS IS ALLMOST EXACTLY THE SAME AS THAT THING YOU BUY FROM THAT PLACE IN SCOTLAND, SEE WE CAN MAKE MONEY FROM ANYTHING,IT IS A SMALL SHINEY BAR ON A WIRE AND THE PRICIPLE OF WORKING IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS ABOVE AND IT IS AS SAID NEVER WRONG

save you money you may as well flip a coin to sex the birds plus even experienced fanciers get mixed up until they see a hen sweeping its ladyboy tail lol.

Murray & Mills are good suppliers through very good fast service and if there is a problem they keep in touch. Just been on the phone to one of them today about my pigeon dvd I've ordered.

get 2 marbles ,a white one and a black one, put them in a box over your head and let them roll around for 20 sec and then reach in and pick one out while holding the bird you want to know the sex of. If the ball is white it is a hen ,if black it a Cock. This works 50 % of the time without fail and much cheaper to buy  ::)

Hey Bill, Just what I need! I'm usually wrong 100% of the time so this method must be an improvement. ::) ;D

WHEN U HAVE SQUEAKERS IN THE NEST AND THEY STAND UP PUFFING THEIR NECK AND TRYING TO PECK U THEY ARE COCKS, :) :) :) :) :)

Saying that theres always exceptions to the rule,this maybe in my loft doesnt work all the time id say a ration 6/10 percent of the time,cos the last breeding season i thought right i got a lot of cocks here cos there all standing up puffing out and tryna peck me,how wrong was I,I ended up with more hens then cocks,and some that i thought in the nest coooooooor turning out to be cracking little cocks lol ended up as cracking little hens

• 2 weeks later...

i was sending for someother products anyway, so what the hell ill give it ago. and this is what i got,

an .22 airgun pellet tied to a piece of yellow cotton 18 inch's long.a piece of paper with the following instructions:-

Hang the lead weight approximately one inch

From the back of the pigeons neck for best results

at the base of the neck.

Amazingly the lead weights starts to move you must

Use a steady hand.

When the weight swings in a circular motion this

Indicates that the pigeons is a Hen

When the weight swings from side to side this

Indicates that the pigeons is a Cock.

It can be used on eggs but not as accurate.

Jack Barkel has an interesting piece on sexing pigeons on his website

http:mysite.mweb.co.za/residents/jackbarkel

in his Q&A section in the articles page

If this doesn't load go to Google search  Jack Barkel

Q27   I was wanting to know how to sex pigeons. Thanks,Jacob

A There in no infallable way of sexing pigeons that I have found and I presume I must have tested most all of these fallacies or supposed methods. However as a fancier who handles a minimum of 1000 birds per month in my job, not including my own pigeons the nearest way of recognising the difference is as follows. The cocks eyelids are round where a hens eye lids are dished at the bottom and is alike to the bottom eyelid of a human being. As they say, a picture can explain a thousand words.

There is an explanatory photo on his website

Guest TAMMY_1

i have decided to offer these ready assembled devices where only top quality string is used at half the price john paid for his the price is £2.50 post paid without instructions