blackpool show

john niko

well with blackpool not long away i remember when i woz 15 16 putting 1 bird in the show 500 miles class it had won a few shows the  wensday before i went 2 blakpool i put him in a show buy me he never won a card i told all the flyers there that i was taken my cock 2 blakpool a herd a few ov them saying that the bird had no chance ov gettn a card them same fellas got there eyes wipped he finished 3 i was buzn i won 6 50 got home on the monday with him went the shop buy me and bought 2 picture frammes 1 to but the card in and 1 to put the cheq in which i still hang on my wall just a little story two tell yous ;) ;) ;)

Well done John - read something by Eamon Watson earlier who is a good show manm his bird had won about 12 classes inc being carded but didnt get a thing at the online show this week.

Back in around 1998/99 i used to enjoy the shows and always used to take a chocolate Meueleman cock to the shows, but also a dark buscharrt of Geoff Clares - Every single show they were entered one of them won (Normally Geoff's though), Geoffs sold for big money at his Blackpool sale, the choco's eye was enough to save it as i couldnt get the young to a single race let alone in the clock.

Tammy entered a bird at Blackpool 2008, it was his first show ever and he got a ticket, Chrissy his fiance who has showed for some time never got anything and was well peeved ;D ;D ;D

Thats a bit Harsh - I heard Harry Rembrant had sent his entry off for the Young racer cock and hen classes but some numpty lost the birds this week

Tammy entered a bird at Blackpool 2008, it was his first show ever and he got a ticket, Chrissy his fiance who has showed for some time never got anything and was well peeved ;D ;D ;D

And I think at the end off the day it goes by the judge, as you'll get three judges looking at the same birds and they'll all go for different ones. (that's my opinion).

Thats a bit Harsh - I heard Harry Rembrant had sent his entry off for the Young racer cock and hen classes but some numpty lost the birds this week

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Now don't tell porkies Vallance because you have to transfer them first and I am sure there is a four week time limit in force after you own them ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Yes and true 500 mile pigeons in the class so very good

Brian i'm surprised how easy it is to enter the flown classes,                       Do they check on the winners?

Have no idea. Never been lucky enough to have 500 mile bird. Got plenty 500 yarders tho  ;) ;)

As I have said before I also think its too easy. Would think a show like blackpool would track down fed sec to find out but not sure if they do. I had a good show in 2001 and got 5 tickets from 6 flown birds but they never got checked up. Although 4th was best prize!!