Amtrak Not a nice sight!!

Guest Grasshopper Lofts

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Damien,

Have you been onto them for the state the box was in, and also the most important thing, the condition theses birds were in.

They have a service to provide, and buy looking at this mate they have failed big time.

Get on the blower to them if you havent all ready done so, if you have what are they saying about this.

What a bloody disgrace.

Guest Grasshopper Lofts

hi cemetary i was on the phone the day they came and to be honest they didnt give one after being passed around and put on hold for over 20 mins i was finally told to go to there website and put in a claim quoting the consignment number that was it.

Guest bigda

the driver should be sent the photo"S as this is just neglect or a no brainier driver who hasn't the brains he was born with there is only to drivers envolved here ,send the pictures to the depot that picked the bird up,notify the local paper, I'm sure they will love the story  the insurance cover is  £50 quid max  

If you dont get any success with them at the depo, i would inform them that i will be contacting the RSPB and showing them the evidence, let them pursue your claim against them.

This is just shear neglect on there part.

Amtrak you are a disgrace to the pigeon game.

hi damian  how many days did it take for amtrak to collect and deliver the bird?? what a total disgrace >:(   i agree with bigda  send the pictures to amtrak and the local papers (i would send the pictures to anybody i would think could help) that must must be soul destroying opening a box to see that   all the time we sit back and let this happen it will just carry on happening   >:(we need to make some noise when this sort of thing happens  good luck   debbie

You have to report this to the RSPB, this is absolutely terrible and they should be held accountable for this.  You have to do this for yourself and also for everyone that uses amtrak, who pretty much have cornered the market.  Maybe then you can help prevent this happening again

Guest Grasshopper Lofts

hi debbie it was just an overnight delivery collected between 1-4 then delivered am the next day i really was gutted when i open the box to find one dead

Guest Grasshopper Lofts

thanks to everyone for the comments i am gonna fight this as you have all said its a out of order. Surely there is a gap in the market  for live stock couriers. Amtrak have a really bad name and from what i have heard there getting worse but we all have no choice but to use them

Guest Grasshopper Lofts

vallance lofts i agree with what you are saying i will try my best i not that bothered about claiming money back but something should be done about the state this box and birds arrived in as some have mentioned i may send the photos to the rspb and see what they have to say but im sure nothing will be done as its only a pigeon to them..

i might buy a van and start to courier livestock something to think about!!

The birds were collected at 3pm and it was I brand new box I put the birds into.

After going to the trouble of breeding these for Damian I was gutted when I heard about it. I reported it to Amtrak but you need to get hold of the right person (Nicki Long [nicki.long@amtrak.co.uk]) who is suposed to be the designated manager responsible for pigeon service. I always copy in Peter Bryant as this is becoming a regular occurance!

How are the others Damian?

Phil

Guest Grasshopper Lofts

hi phil the other are just fine now they  have started to fly out and are lovely birds mate just sorry about the one pictured.

What I will add is that everybody should check the birds when they arrive as when we received 4 boxes of youngbirds that had been involved in an accident we didn't open what was left of the boxes to check on condition.

Amtrak can use this as a get out clause even if you sign as unchecked!

Phil

Guest Freebird

Forget money, it's the welfare of our birds that is the concern here. The birds that survived this may have problems travelling in the future as it seems by the condition of the box they have been through a lot. I personally would contact the RSPCA for advice as these poor birds have been badly traumatised. What do you think was the cause of death? If there are no signs of crushing has it maybe had heart failure? There is no excuse for this cruelty unless the driver was involved in an accident. Good luck and keep us informed.

Guest Grasshopper Lofts

hi Freebird i am unsure what caused its death prob heart failure or maybe what ever squashed the box killed it but im sure that the driver was in no accident its just negligence i think to most people pigeons are vermin i will keep u all updated on what is said if anything.

thanks

It is all down to the attitude of the individual driver, our local guy is from pigeon stock and takes great care of the birds, no doubt there will be drivers and hub staff that don't give a sh** about the pigeons or the way they handle the boxes. Amtrak need to trace the journey of the birds and sort out the ones that let this happen :-/

They have guidelines they must follow and following the problem we had after a driver hit a tree a memo was suposed to be sent out to all depots to remind them of there duty of care!

Clearly hasn't had any effect!

Phil