Back Up ETS

sapper756

Once you have updated all members clocks in preparation for the forth coming season and assigned all ETS rings, is there anyway you can download ALL this information from the computer onto a disk or memory stick as a backup. In case you are unfortunate and your laptop or desktop computer crashes? ;) If so, can someone give a step by step instruction, on how to carry this task out . please ;)

Come on Ian Mckay,can you answere this.

Might be a way to get it back through the pocket clocks,dont know.,

Possibly, but that would mean if it happened during the season, having to gather in all the mebers clocks again, just thought in this day it should be possible to back up to memory stick, like any other programme :-/ plus you could also transferr the info to a 2nd computer for keepsake if you have one, views welcome ;)

Come on Ian Mckay,can you answere this.

Might be a way to get it back through the pocket clocks,dont know.,

Ny first thought this was a pigeon man wanting a back up, it's not like us to think about this. ;) ;)

But the simple answer is to use two computers if there is a possibility of a problem.

Will give it some more thought

Ian

I believe Pompey Mick wrote something on this a few weeks ago,I,m sure he said he uses two computers,then any changes he makes at the club he then transfers onto his home one via memory stick.

"via memory stick" does this mean you can transferr onfo to a memory stick? :-/

Mate if you install a memory pen or external hard drive. Click the window and E together twice, right click on the tool bar at the bottom, stack windows side by side. You can then open the external memory in one window, then open your race data file in the other window.

Just drag the whole file across to the external memory source, and it will copy the whole file. Job done. I'm self employed and do this with my "self employed / invoices file on a weekly bassis." For April fools day I did this on two seperate back up systems, external hard drive and memory pen. PM me or give me a ring, am only 07834 811322. I work weekends. Tuesday and Wednesday are my days off.

click start

click my computer

click c drive

click programme files

click unikon manager

click database backup (select the backup you want to transfer)

select device you want to save it to then save it

drag and drop or copy /paste

Once you have updated all members clocks in preparation for the forth coming season and assigned all ETS rings, is there anyway you can download ALL this information from the computer onto a disk or memory stick as a backup. In case you are unfortunate and your laptop or desktop computer crashes? ;) If so, can someone give a step by step instruction, on how to carry this task out . please ;)