sprint pigeons

milecrosslofts

im looking to get some sprint pigeons what do you think is the best breed to get ?

mark

have a look at lanarkshire thread about george macalloney and son  from coatbridge , you'll not get much better than this against big birdage ,im sure someone on here would give you his number ,mind you he might not tell you how to fly them  ;)

some people have said gaby is good

strains dont mean anything mate, there are good and bad in every strain, yes there are "strains" that will perform better at different distances, but if you gave well bred birds of most strains to the best fanciers, they would win with them, but like has been said go to someone localish, who is winning with these birds "today", at the distance you want to win with, and you wont go far wrong. ;-)

with all the different advise that i have been given on here and other forums and friends think its best to work it out for myself it gets to confuseing otherwise lol but its grate to have all the advise from you guys you all know what you on about thats for sure but i getting confused now .well that dont take much lol, any how i work it out . thanks for all your help once again keep up the good work

cheers

mark

theres plenty good sprinters around  find out whats winning in your area  example of a few

Soonjens    cormens   walter docx  roland janssens   wim moens  ronnie de drobbler  

some of these have been winning some are just coming onto the seen  and there are also other familys  but its what suits you and your area

i wudnt buy off anyone in my local( club or section) area simply becoz most wont give them in good faith... try some one in a different fed... and maybe get a round off their racers at the end of the racing season ;) svr are good soojtens are good van loons are good bussearts are very good alround bird... you could go on and on... buy children off winners... and cross them... then when you get your own winners put best to best ;)

Hi mate

I have two of the strains mentined Gabys and SVR and we fly in one of the best sprint clubs in the country all races are from 90-139 miles and we also fly NFC, BICC and L&SECC club for water races. and i have to say our SVR are far faster in the out and out sprint races then the Gabys. however the Gabys beat the SVR once you get to 150 mile + (unless very easy day) so just depends on what sort of racing you are looking at mate.

cheers

John