Help needed

i am fairly to to the sport and am just having a few probs with my pigeons.  i am going to get the pigeons tested as i think then i will know for deffinate what the problem is but does anyone have any ideas or has/had similar problems.

a couple of my  late breds had suddenly gone of there food and refused to eat and after a fews days have died.  i had an old cock again same symtoms and has died.  all droppings are sollid (apart from the last few days of the ill pigeons life where thay have gone loose) and no sign of any other illnesses all have been injected for para m.

i am fairly to to the sport and am just having a few probs with my pigeons.  i am going to get the pigeons tested as i think then i will know for deffinate what the problem is but does anyone have any ideas or has/had similar problems.

a couple of my  late breds had suddenly gone of there food and refused to eat and after a fews days have died.  i had an old cock again same symtoms and has died.  all droppings are sollid (apart from the last few days of the ill pigeons life where thay have gone loose) and no sign of any other illnesses all have been injected for para m.

pm owen he is on here m8 he will giv u an idea  ;) hope this helps

or you could also ;) pm strapper mate, he also is on here

i havnt intorduced any new pigeons but have split my hens and cocks and all stock and young pigeons are together. i did have 2 young pigeons die with the same symtoms earlier in the year but nothing since and no other problems so put it down to yound bird sickness.

today all other pigeons look in great health and no loose droppings at all.  

the birds just went really light stopped eating and within a few days died.  

i havnt intorduced any new pigeons but have split my hens and cocks and all stock and young pigeons are together. i did have 2 young pigeons die with the same symtoms earlier in the year but nothing since and no other problems so put it down to yound bird sickness.

today all other pigeons look in great health and no loose droppings at all.  

the birds just went really light stopped eating and within a few days died.  

Hi Dean, welcome to the site, and im sorry to hear of your problems, but with respect to strapper and owen, and all their knowledge, you description of the birds, is the classic symptoms, of alot of different ailments, so without someone coming to see your birds, or like you are doing getting them tested, then i really would not like to hazard a guess, Hope you get things sorted. Keep us updated :-)

dean82

is smack on. Goodness knows what you have got there. You need some serious help. Get your birds to an Avian Vet ASAP. I find the fact that birds are dieing very worrying. The chances are that the birds that appear OK are ailing as well.

If you have underlying health problems, you are not very likely to breed anything any good and, I suspect that you can forget winning races. To consistantly win your birds have to be super healthy. Not healthy, super healthy.

And while you are at it get someone with experience to have a look at your loft including the number of birds you have in there. You would be surprised how often you can trace problems back to the loft and overcrowding can be a major problem.

dean82

is smack on. Goodness knows what you have got there. You need some serious help. Get your birds to an Avian Vet ASAP. I find the fact that birds are dieing very worrying. The chances are that the birds that appear OK are ailing as well.

If you have underlying health problems, you are not very likely to breed anything any good and, I suspect that you can forget winning races. To consistantly win your birds have to be super healthy. Not healthy, super healthy.

And while you are at it get someone with experience to have a look at your loft including the number of birds you have in there. You would be surprised how often you can trace problems back to the loft and overcrowding can be a major problem.

i would completely endorse this post

go to a vet let .it is not yb sickness it might be poison as their are a few birds can get ie from a neibours gardens weed killer for a start. i recomend a book by DR wim peters

called fit to win .it is the most complete guide to health diagnosis and treatment of racing pigeons