E.T.S  YES OR NO

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is that a 2/3 majority or does that not come in to it with this ? just wondering

Not sure if you're referring to 2/3 majority for constitution change .. agm agenda shows that this was a members' proposal to change the clock rules and surely a simple majority would carry it?

Maybe blasphemy to some; but in modern times and in certain cases where there is a freedom of choice, people don't NEED to be bound by the will of the majority and have the right to go elsewhere with others like-minded.  My opinion : (1) jibes like 'walkers' fail to recognise those individual's rights to make those choices AND (2) jibes against those who go with the flow ALSO fail to recognise the same rights to do that. Time for both parties to take heed of this?

When the ordinary fancier who can't afford it is at a disadvantage then its hardly an appetiser to stay in the sport is it?   Personally, I could afford it, but I don' want it.  If our nearest rivals had it & started beating me, purely on the trapping system then of course i'd have to ask myself whether we needed to install it.  

The majority don't want it though - show me ANY RPRA based fact to prove otherwise. We know that for a fact.  Hell, its hard enough trying to get of some of the old Toulets without thinking of ETS !!!!

HAS THE RPRA OR OTHER UNIONS

EVER HELD A BALLOT ON WHAT EVERYONE WANTS, ??????.

I AM FED UP WITH OTHERS SAYING WHAT I DO OR DONOT WANT.

ALSO THE EVERY DAY FANCIER IS AT A DISADVATAGE NOT SURE ABOUT THAT

KNOW A LOT OF FANCIERS THAT HAVE PLENTY OF CASH

BUT THEY CANNOT HOLD A CANDLE TO US EVERY DAY POOR FANCIERS.

LOTS OF FANCIERS SAY THEY CANNOT AFFORD A T3 CLOCK   AND SOME SAY THAT

IS NOT FAIR,    BUT I AND PLENTY OF OTHERS USE OTHER CLOCKS AND STILL

GET  THE  ODD RED CARD.

PLEASE DO NOT TAKE THIS POST THE WRONG WAY I AM NOT HAVING A GO AT

ANYONE,    I THINK THIS IS SUCH A GREAT DEBATE< WITH LOTS OF GOOD POINTS

BEING PUT ACROSS.

RAY

Its technology ..... why have you got a Internet ready PC ...why not just write to everyone ....why have a mobile phone why not just use a landline or telegram. Think it was already said about when some Fanciers (those who had money) had clocks and the rest of us had to run to the Post Office was that fair? that some people who had most money had an advantage.

Are stall traps fair ...do they give advantage. Is Natural racers having to be basketed with some of the blown up Widowers fair and the list goes on and on. Also we must comply with legislation and accessibility for those who may have a disability and ETS allows them to have the opportunity to participate.

If you are racing in the Winter olympics do you use the Electronic timing system or a Man standing at the bottom of the hill with a stopwatch.

I dont have it but i have no objection to those who want it ....you can choose to use it or not. Many of the fanciers are getting on in years and are pretty much scared of new Tech or may not be in the game for the long haul and thuerefore not worth the investment. Most of the racing fraternity outside the UK has it so what is the problem really