Busschaerts

Guest Paulo

as ive stated earlier..im going to masserella,s soon..is there a certain line of them anyone would advise me to buy, as id rather get a decent strain of them instead of wasting my money as im partly disabled and unemployed..thanks.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as ive stated earlier..im going to masserella,s soon..is there a certain line of them anyone would advise me to buy, as id rather get a decent strain of them instead of wasting my money as im partly disabled and unemployed..thanks.

sorry.. i meant busshaerts.

I'm only a novice but the Corbett busschaerts seem to do well for people. You could prob get a better deal if you went elsewhere than Louella.

People speak very highly of John Chowders busschaerts. Mr and Mrs Mason also seem to sell a lot, If you pm TT on here he knows a lot about busschaerts and will be able to advise you.

hi steve

you must b made up having some one to gab about your busscharts.you know that they have stood the test of time

les

Hi les, Yeh its good to know people still recognise the old busshaerts as a leading strain. I wish I had a video clip of the lads pigeons I got mine through. They used to break the back of the loft one after the other when he had them on form. He has a stock loft full of the old darkuns that have won and bred winners. And really with him working shifts they dont get the attention they deserve.

Has anyone got any pics of the old powderhall pigeon???

never had them mate so wouldn't know. You can only try it and see. Best way is to go to someone who wins with busschaerts and buy them off them I'm no expert on them. I'll ask my dad what lines he had and where he got his from.

never had them mate so wouldn't know. You can only try it and see. Best way is to go to someone who wins with busschaerts and buy them off them I'm no expert on them. I'll ask my dad what lines he had and where he got his from.

Let me know, please

Hi Folks,

Just to add to the Busschaert chat, I remember visiting GB and having breakfast with him at his home.  On his wall was a photograph some 2' 6" wide and 5' long with the pigeons at the start of this page on it, plus "Sarah" and a pigeon I can't remember the name of.  Would like to own that now. Me living in Deal and racing against, Gilbert Duncan, ( a true, true, gentleman ) Tommy Larkins, and Howard Henson and having them as friends, gave us in Deal an insight into this fabulous family of pigeons.  I've been through the Busschaert reign all these years and handled nearly all those champions.  My favourite was the Klaren.

I also had a young Bl C that flew his heart one Saturday to bursting point, he died in my hands shortly after clocking him.

Memories of this wonderfull family of pigeons will remain with me to my last breath.  Pigeons that were and will always be, truly special.

If only I'd taken George up on his offer of me being his agent.!!!!!!!!!

B+K Simpson have some super busshaerts that have helped them win 4x1st UNC and top loft in EC federation, they take some beating inland with them. They have a sale at Haswell Plough this month. Must rate as one of the top lofts in the UNC. If its busshaerts your after I'm sure you couldnt go far wrong with these.

Wiley,

Yes, george was still very famous and the only reason I didn't take his offer up was lack of space at my place for quarantine purposes.

Tony,

Rapido was a cracking cock which I also handled.

Hi Craig,

Rapido long gone.  I believe Warren Foster does have a family of Rapido Busschaerts.  As with all families of pigeons, I think you must be very careful ( if your'e spending good money ) who you go to.

Don't know anything about Northern Lass.

I think I've given you the name of the man with an inbred family of dark Busschaerts as close to the originals as I'm sure you'll get.

Craig the old man said our strain was Corbetts and he got them from all over the place and bred them into our own familly. Everybody said they wouldn't do 500 miles but they did and he won a lot of water races. He flew both natural and widowhood with them and found that he got the same results doing either. He feels natural can sometimes give you an edge on the longer races as a cock or hen flying back to eggs, youngsters etc makes the bird fly its heart out but he said whatever you do you have to write everything down. He also said don't get to caught up on the strain as long as they are Busschaerts and are winning it does not matter just pair them together as obiousuly because of the way Mr Busschaert developed his strain they are mongrols anyway lol

Another interesting thing he told me was  he seemed to recall that they actually tried to ban Mr Busschaert from racing because he was so successful and the british fanciers couldn't compete. Anyone know if this is true?

yeah not having a pop at them my dad certainly did well with them as have a lot of other fanciers all over the country.

Is there any other countries the busschaerts do well in what about the states?

Wiley,

Yes, george was still very famous and the only reason I didn't take his offer up was lack of space at my place for quarantine purposes.

Tony,

Rapido was a cracking cock which I also handled.

your a lucky man TT, one of the fanciers on our allotments Ray who has been in the sport for ages was also lucky enough to handle Rapido

Hi Folks,

Just to add to the Busschaert chat, I remember visiting GB and having breakfast with him at his home.  On his wall was a photograph some 2' 6" wide and 5' long with the pigeons at the start of this page on it, plus "Sarah" and a pigeon I can't remember the name of.  Would like to own that now. Me living in Deal and racing against, Gilbert Duncan, ( a true, true, gentleman ) Tommy Larkins, and Howard Henson and having them as friends, gave us in Deal an insight into this fabulous family of pigeons.  I've been through the Busschaert reign all these years and handled nearly all those champions.  My favourite was the Klaren.

I also had a young Bl C that flew his heart one Saturday to bursting point, he died in my hands shortly after clocking him.

Memories of this wonderfull family of pigeons will remain with me to my last breath.  Pigeons that were and will always be, truly special.

If only I'd taken George up on his offer of me being his agent.!!!!!!!!!

just shows you what guts these brave birds have they will do or die the best one's sorry to hear about him dying TT my dad said it was a very upsetting moment when that happened to ours. My granda nearly packed in over it sounds a bit of a soft thing to say as the best pigeon fanciers treat their birds as numbers but when a bird flys its heart out like this you would have to be a very callous man not to be affected by it.