cant beleive it

PEGGYSUE

i reported some young birds lost on the site 30 may.i have just had a phone call from a man in manchester says he had one of my young ones in 3 weeks,he reported it to the RPRA who then gave him the wrong details to somebody else in my area this gent send he would transfer the bird over to him,on realising when he received the transfer note the pigeon was not his,it has then took 3 weeks for him to make contact knowing the bird was stamped eventually rang and told me he wants to keep my pigeon.do you think he has wanted to keep my pigeon all along?? and has told me its staying there know when he lets his young ones out.i wouldnt mind but this was the only young one that i breed from the old pair due to the other egg being unfertile.what would you all do in this case???i even send i would send for the bird but the bloke is adament he wants to keep it!!! :o :o

i reported some young birds lost on the site 30 may.i have just had a phone call from a man in manchester says he had one of my young ones in 3 weeks,he reported it to the RPRA who then gave him the wrong details to somebody else in my area this gent send he would transfer the bird over to him,on realising when he received the transfer note the pigeon was not his,it has then took 3 weeks for him to make contact knowing the bird was stamped eventually rang and told me he wants to keep my pigeon.do you think he has wanted to keep my pigeon all along?? and has told me its staying there know when he lets his young ones out.i wouldnt mind but this was the only young one that i breed from the old pair due to the other egg being unfertile.what would you all do in this case???i even send i would send for the bird but the bloke is adament he wants to keep it!!! :o :o

It's your bird, just be adamant you want it back, the mistakes were not your doing, surely he can understand that :-/

The bird is your property and thefore yours, when you report a stray you are requested to, contain it till such a time the owner collects it, however if he wishes to keep it tell him he can buy it for a very high sum. Or as a kind guesture promise him a pair of ybs next season out of it