ADVANTAGE ? SPRINT MIDDLE DIST

tom corrie

does anyone think that there is any advantage as to the position of the club baskets on the transporter IE federation results.  i cant help but notice that when it comes to open races and there is a good mixture of birds the federation reslults are toally different

your thoughts on this please

When the transporter is full I think there is an advantage for birds located in the extremities of the transporter. They are able to avoid injury at liberation but having said that birds on the top row are jostled more than those further down during transport.

At Open races we have a better mix of birds meaning that one fancier is unlikely to have most of his birds crated together.  

Guest redwhiteblue
does anyone think that there is any advantage as to the position of the club baskets on the transporter IE federation results.  i cant help but notice that when it comes to open races and there is a good mixture of birds the federation reslults are toally different

your thoughts on this please

If you want me to have a go at Tom Corrie, this is my chance, what has sprint, middle dist got to do with the position you put your baskets in a transporter or for the midland fed in a van.

what u mean

Two sides to a transporter, one side the pigeons come out say into the wind which means they'll gain height quicker than the other side who'll have to come out then turn into the wind to do same.

i dont think it matters exept as tony says the pos of the transporter is wrong say 1 side facing north 1 south with a strong north or south wind the birds going with the wind might go further south before turning to head home but there are pros and cons top or botom every time if seen a liberation the birds batch together and mix before heading home so the keen/fit/motivated birds will leave the race point straight away

we send in 2 clubs,, they are put on the transporter on different sides,, and most weeks from the races upto 150 miles they come together.. A few years ago we were winning the section in our fed by a long way,, a club futher down the valley asked the driver if they could put their birds where our club put them,, so we changed for 1 week,, same results though.. lol.. It don't make a difference where your birds are,, the most important thing is the break,, Its how quick your bird breaks from the race point,, sometimes there are batches still going around 10 mins after liberation,, these are the last home normally,,

goodluck

ant

Two sides to a transporter, one side the pigeons come out say into the wind which means they'll gain height quicker than the other side who'll have to come out then turn into the wind to do same.

what if the transporter faces the wind ;D, both sides lib in the same side-on wind ;D

i think really as frankdooman says ,, the fitest , keenest birds , are off b4 you can blink :)

Guest slugmonkey

I drive a few races a year at our club and usally the first thing off the truck they just flock up,

or try releasing one basket about 30 seconds to a minute after the first when you are training and see if the 2 bunches dont get together before they go home !!

i,ve watched a lib where they split into 3 batches 1 batch went straight away 1 batch headed north and the other circled the lib site till the 2nd batch came back then they batched up and headed south it must have been some 10/15 after the 1st batch went

No one ever heard/read a convoyers report where the birds split into two batches?

;D ;D ;D & your not likely to either  ;) ;) ;) But !!!!!!! a lot of strange things can happen at a liberation site at times in a race & "PMSL" it doesn't always go on the convoyer report card etc I'm afraid, at least not down here, in my neck of the woods.

PS.  :) :) :) One must always attempt to keep up the imagine. Bugger the truth be told.

Enjoy.