tide has turned on ets

Guest tom123

Guest stevie-b

i only put ets rings on my youngbirds the week of the first race once they have been trained hard so most of the losses have happened and as i fly widowhood cks only all ets rings come off my hens and are re-used to keep costs down. i bet these lads dont moan when they go and spend 50 quid of a night in the pub our club sect lets u build up a pot during the season so if u want to give him a fiver a week or every other week when it comes to time of paying for rings its no a big dunt oot yir pocket

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

King Canute springs to mind, someone told him he could turn back the tide, all he got was wet feet.  :)

But do agree something should be done to bring down cost of ets rings. If its a standard chip, then there must be scope to incorporate it within the life ring. I know that my Union has written to other Unions suggesting that together we should explore that option with chip and life ring manufacturers .

King Canute springs to mind, someone told him he could turn back the tide, all he got was wet feet.  :)

But do agree something should be done to bring down cost of ets rings. If its a standard chip, then there must be scope to incorporate it within the life ring. I know that my Union has written to other Unions suggesting that together we should explore that option with chip and life ring manufacturers .

This would be suicide you only have to see this year the people who dont have ETS complaining that they have to buy rings which really are made for the people with ETS,just think of the outcry if non ETS peopls had to pay for a life ring with the chip in it.I also think it would be more expensive for people with ETS because the ring would be put on a youngster from the beginning and you would lose more rings,at least now you can train them before you put the ETS rings on.

This would be suicide you only have to see this year the people who dont have ETS complaining that they have to buy rings which really are made for the people with ETS,just think of the outcry if non ETS peopls had to pay for a life ring with the chip in it.I also think it would be more expensive for people with ETS because the ring would be put on a youngster from the beginning and you would lose more rings,at least now you can train them before you put the ETS rings on.

Swings & roundabouts surely. Just now, all Unions can control the price that life rings are sold to their members. Just now, those same Unions are told how much they have to pay the Company for the ets rings, and the same Company dictate the price that the Unions sell on those ets rings to their members. February 2010 the price went up 10p per ets ring. I don't believe the euro / pound fluctuation was responsible for that increase - same currency fluctuation caused the life rings to increase by 7 euro per 1000, a huge difference there.

Personally, I would not dream of taking my birds on a trainer without an ets ring on their leg and my ets switched on. I know when I liberated them - I also want to know when they got home.

Guest challengerlofts

So far, i am happy with my T3 Clock. And got a new battery on it. ;) No worry as well, about up dating the system on the computer.

ETS rings, using our beloved sports to make it more expensive. When it just normal rings, everybodys happy and especially you can afford it. :)

Good Luck to everyone.

Guest G.Drysdale + son
So far, i am happy with my T3 Clock. And got a new battery on it. ;) No worry as well, about up dating the system on the computer.

ETS rings, using our beloved sports to make it more expensive. When it just normal rings, everybodys happy and especially you can afford it. :)

Good Luck to everyone.

Just joined a new club got a T3 off them they were awarded a lotto grant a couple of years ago

Read a thread somewhere posted by an Australian Fancier - gist of it was that initially rings were sold cheaply to sell the systems - his ETS system having been updated will now only accept rings which have been security coded for the Australian market and only available from official Australian agent so he does not have option of importing cheap UK ones.  I think I will wait a bit to see how it pans out in the UK!!!!

well basketed last night for our first race ,

four members have now returned their ets systems to the club and gone back to mannual clocks ,in respect to the in crease in price of unikon ets rings ,

like they say if you keep buying them they will keep going up we need to make a stand

obviouslly they have flooded the market with systems and that is slowlly drying up so they increase there rings and pads to try and claw back lost revenue

whats your views?

i think you are right we should all get on borad this one even for one year

could be right not many have had there ets set up for this year at our club just 3 members :( think if everyone boycotted the price of rings then they would have to reduce what they charge surely is over inflated small chip and a wee bit of plastic  :-/

I think we would all like things to be cheaper, but if you can afford to rear and race 100+ young uns per season then the cost of an ets ring is not out of the way surely :-/, you make the sport as cheap or expensive as you yourself wish, no one forces anything on anyone!!!

have room for 1/3 of that in ybs more than enough for me  ;)

i use ets at one club and rubbers at the other to save any hassle but if you do your sums over a couple of seasons theres not much in it! cost wise if i send say 30 a week x 20 races equals 600 rubbers approx cost £18 per season equals £36  then 30 ets rings costs £39  i know you lose some but its not a massive difference and no-one has mentioned costs of rubbers is also rising. it will sort itself out in time lifes too short to worry about a few quid just have one less pint fri and sat and you have got your money in your pocket

i use ets at one club and rubbers at the other to save any hassle but if you do your sums over a couple of seasons theres not much in it! cost wise if i send say 30 a week x 20 races equals 600 rubbers approx cost £18 per season equals £36  then 30 ets rings costs £39  i know you lose some but its not a massive difference and no-one has mentioned costs of rubbers is also rising. it will sort itself out in time lifes too short to worry about a few quid just have one less pint fri and sat and you have got your money in your pocket

difference is clubs pay for rubbers ???? members pay to have there own ets rings  :-/ so cost of rubbers comes out of profits rather than straight out of club members own funds ;) but not largely expensive unless your a mob flyer ;) but then if can afford aload of pigeons to fly keep one or two less and buy the ets rings , but im sure what folk are saying for the cost of making these rings there well over priced  ;)

Guest devonred

Bought my Dad unikon ETS for his 70 birthday present, without it he would have probabaly packed in by now, so a few quid on rings each year is worth it so he can keep up his hobby!!!

Guest frank dooman

this whole thread gets you thinking the ets thing is quite similar to the super market bar/code thing why cant some one not just bring out a system useing bar/code rings they should be much cheaper