Strains in your loft

Guest Hjaltland

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest puresoontjen
puresoontjen,

if you want to carry on kidding yourself, that's fine. And I think that you have probably done a good job in keeping the vitality in the birds. That would be hard to do normally, so if you have managed it you have undoubtedly done a good job. But time moves on, and so does the level of competition. The races and programmes we fly now have changed, and the birds needed to do the job must change to suite the competition. And even to accomadate the preferances of the Fancier. A good example of what I am talking about is demonstrated by the Van Reet family. They all come from the same base stock, but they will have changed due to the selection techniques of the new owners. And changed again due to crosses that may have been used. These days we see Van Reets that have been bred for all sorts of competition. The original sprinting family have become very good middle and long distance pigeons. And they are all called Van Reet. And last but not least, I think you would agree that the original Soontjens were not entirely kept pure. How could they be, they were in the hands of several people to my certain knowledge, and therefore there was bound to be diversity to start with.

No hard feelings

Owen

beleave what you want and you no what you want. i no different to you ;)

Guest puresoontjen

beleave what you want and you no what you want. i no different to you ;)

any way it by the by there all gone so the BOP dont end up with them each and evry one in the BIN.when i move i might think of getting some more i dont know. :-/