Parastop

Guest joshdonlan

Guest joshdonlan

Im thinking of doing a preventative treatment for Paratyphiod with Parastop. I have never used this before. What is the most economical way to do them? Is it the tablets? If so what is the dosage? 1 tablet per bird and then they are done or what?

http://pigeons.taylorschoice.co.uk/products/166799_belgica_parastop_tablets_50pk.php

Thanks

Josh

Guest joshdonlan
Instructions: 2x daily, 1 tablet during 5 - 8 days.

Dont understand this? So you would give 3 tablets per pigeon???

1 Monday

1 Tuesday

1 5-8 days later?

better using the powder mate, put on feed

Instructions: ParaStop®

Preventive: from the end of the moulting season up to the breeding season:

to eliminate as much as possible “carriers†and “excretes†8 days consecutive, 1 sachet per 2 liters of water or 1 sachet per 1 kilogram of grains (*).

Curing: 10 - 14 days consecutive, 1 sachet per 2 liters of water or 1 sachet per 1 kilogram of grains (*).

better using the powder mate, put on feed

Instructions: ParaStop®

Preventive: from the end of the moulting season up to the breeding season:

to eliminate as much as possible “carriers†and “excretes†8 days consecutive, 1 sachet per 2 liters of water or 1 sachet per 1 kilogram of grains (*).

Curing: 10 - 14 days consecutive, 1 sachet per 2 liters of water or 1 sachet per 1 kilogram of grains (*).

thats what i used the de weed powder a course of that then the vaccine never had no problems no side affects when i did 09 ybs

all the best

what are the better products?  :-/

baytril/ amoxycylin. are to of them. remember parastop is an antibiotic and is not registered for use in the uk, Parastops active ingredient is Norfloxacin a Quinolone class antibiotic. dont abuse it. In fact i wouldnt even use it. its not that great a product in my opinion.

jas

baytril/ amoxycylin. are to of them. remember parastop is an antibiotic and is not registered for use in the uk, Parastops active ingredient is Norfloxacin a Quinolone class antibiotic. dont abuse it. In fact i wouldnt even use it. its not that great a product in my opinion.

jas

but parastop is freely available in the UK so how can it not be registered ?

but parastop is freely available in the UK so how can it not be registered ?

There is no antibiotic that is freely available that is not registered. Its the same as anything it can be bought and brought over. there are people selling baytril on ebay, that isnt available unless it from a vet but people do sell it.

There is no antibiotic that is freely available that is not registered. Its the same as anything it can be bought and brought over. there are people selling baytril on ebay, that isnt available unless it from a vet but people do sell it.

always get mine from the vets, i could get it a lot cheaper from elsewhere but it might have been diluted down or not the proper stuff so would rather pay that little bit more just to be on the safe side

always get mine from the vets, i could get it a lot cheaper from elsewhere but it might have been diluted down or not the proper stuff so would rather pay that little bit more just to be on the safe side

Thats exactly the reason why it should always come from a vet. you are exactly right.

so before you vaccinate would you treat with amoxycylin or baytril?

No offence, but I'd recommend you do a bit of homework on paratyphoid before going down this road. There's a fresh thread on it describing what appears to be a paratyphoid outbreak in birds just gone through this 'preventative' treatment.

There's a lot of science saying it does the exact opposite of what you are trying to achieve.

No offence, but I'd recommend you do a bit of homework on paratyphoid before going down this road. There's a fresh thread on it describing what appears to be a paratyphoid outbreak in birds just gone through this 'preventative' treatment.

There's a lot of science saying it does the exact opposite of what you are trying to achieve.

I have done my homework. I have just added a series of questions on the baytril thread answered by some of the top pigeon vets and they are all 100% agreed that you must treat prior if there is any signs of salmonella in the loft and amoxyclin or baytril is there preferred method of treatment.

Jas.

Guest joshdonlan

So are you saying its best not to treat as a preventative?  :)