some pics with the scope

Guest dogeon

heres a few pics i took today, testing droping

first three are of the same thing at 4x mag,10x mag and 40x mag

then some starch at the same order of magnification

there is nothing on there to be worried about, first thing first is be careful on your placing as i see many air bubbles, and could lead to a false reading as your sample will get pushed out of your cover, the last picture isnt coccidiosis from what ive learnt, if this was a mouth swab you would be able to see if it was canker, as you will notice movement on the slide, and canker cells move pretty quick, picture 4,5,  and 6 look like plant cells to me coccidiosis is more rounder in appearance then oblong, if anything would be coccidiosis it would be your 2nd and 3rd picture, however you would need to count these, then calculate the safe amount, i have a list here on how to calculate i will drag it out soon and post up,

there is nothing on there to be worried about, first thing first is be careful on your placing as i see many air bubbles, and could lead to a false reading as your sample will get pushed out of your cover, the last picture isnt coccidiosis from what ive learnt, if this was a mouth swab you would be able to see if it was canker, as you will notice movement on the slide, and canker cells move pretty quick, picture 4,5,  and 6 look like plant cells to me coccidiosis is more rounder in appearance then oblong, if anything would be coccidiosis it would be your 2nd and 3rd picture, however you would need to count these, then calculate the safe amount, i have a list here on how to calculate i will drag it out soon and post up,

i keep getting the air bubbles, i think i agree with you on the cocci they are more round and i only had the one on the slide (top 3 pics)  so not worried, the bottom three pics i thought were eggs dividing or plant starch and there was only one of these on the slide

i keep getting the air bubbles, i think i agree with you on the cocci they are more round and i only had the one on the slide (top 3 pics)  so not worried, the bottom three pics i thought were eggs dividing or plant starch and there was only one of these on the slide

how are you testing this could also be the reason why you are getting so many air bubbles

how are you testing this could also be the reason why you are getting so many air bubbles

i put the poop in a specimin cup and add distilled water then mix i put some into the pipette and onto the slide the put the cover plate on

i put the poop in a specimin cup and add distilled water then mix i put some into the pipette and onto the slide the put the cover plate on

hmmm to be honest the best way to finding your findings and cocci ect is by

1. Select droppings from the bird or birds.

2. Mash the droppings in some of the flotation fluid(can be purchased at Boddys) and sieve with the strainer.

3. Fill four test tubes with the fluid and leave for at least 1 hour, 2 hours at best

4. Take a tiny amount of the very top of the fluid in the test tubes with a pipette and place this on a slide and place one of the coverslips on top.

5. Examine with the microscope at x100 and x400.

during this time the flotation liquid ensures that the coccidiosis or worm eggs will float to the top of the liquid and the rest of the droppings in the test tube will sink to the bottom, out of the way so effectively all you are seeing is what you need to see in a dropping sample is the coccidiosis and worm eggs, a swab testing for canker is done in a different way

1. 1st get a cotton bud, and place it under some warm water,

2. place bud at the back of the birds throat,

3. with a warm slide, squish the liquid of the bud and onto the slide,

4. place cover slip over the liquid and observe, however you must be quick as canker cells die of pretty quick, but you will be able to see if there present by there moving,

I for one used to do my testing like you but found very little untill one year on a trip to blackpool i bought a dropping testing kit, best 20 quid i spent,!

hmmm to be honest the best way to finding your findings and cocci ect is by

1. Select droppings from the bird or birds.

2. Mash the droppings in some of the flotation fluid(can be purchased at Boddys) and sieve with the strainer.

3. Fill four test tubes with the fluid and leave for at least 1 hour, 2 hours at best

4. Take a tiny amount of the very top of the fluid in the test tubes with a pipette and place this on a slide and place one of the coverslips on top.

5. Examine with the microscope at x100 and x400.

during this time the flotation liquid ensures that the coccidiosis or worm eggs will float to the top of the liquid and the rest of the droppings in the test tube will sink to the bottom, out of the way so effectively all you are seeing is what you need to see in a dropping sample is the coccidiosis and worm eggs, a swab testing for canker is done in a different way

1. 1st get a cotton bud, and place it under some warm water,

2. place bud at the back of the birds throat,

3. with a warm slide, squish the liquid of the bud and onto the slide,

4. place cover slip over the liquid and observe, however you must be quick as canker cells die of pretty quick, but you will be able to see if there present by there moving,

I for one used to do my testing like you but found very little untill one year on a trip to blackpool i bought a dropping testing kit, best 20 quid i spent,!

thanks i didn't let it stand, so i will do it again as for the throat swab information was good as i didn't know how to do that, if i go to blackpool will invest in a testing kit