excessive watwr intake

Guest mytton6

Guest mytton6

Hi All

I seem to have a big  problem in one section only. the old birds with youngsters around 10 to 15 days old are realy drinking alot and have started pumping the youngters alot off water , the youngsters seem fine at the moment , i have put the birds on probotic and electrolites which are already mixed , any sugestions would be brill all the help the better , i have never had this in twenty five years breeding , the birds have had grit , provit , and the clay blocks like my others which aregreat, droppings perfect and seem to be doing fantastic

Thanks for your trime

David

excesive water intake can mean a number of things...on the bad side it can mean that u may have cocci worm/hexamita, an ecoli infection or even paramyxovirus...or on the good side it maybe that they are taking on board more food to feed the y/bs and need more water to comsume it!...have u tried eating a dry sandwhich...it makes u want to drink!....hope this helps...paul :)

sounds as if you have or going to have a problem ,maybe the reason for drinking so much water is tthe old birds are trying to flush out something from there crop or system are they eating a lot of minerals if so would cut back on them as i have found minerals that are man made tend to be salty thats why the birds eat them as much and when salty that alone would make them drink more water .

Guest shadow

as some birds get older they become lazy feeders and pump the young with water as it is easier for them, keep an eye on the youngsters and make sure their crops have plenty corn in them as they can soon go downhill you may have to find feeders for your young birds

Much can be, and often too much is read intoi the droppings, both colour wise and firmness. There are umpteen NATURAL causes for most of it, Weather, feed, balanced diet if  only pickind out... Any way like my mate says, Are our stools consistant! Do they vary... of course and when we are ok and regular they change regular.