PLANTS IN THE GARDEN

REDCHEQHEN

The old birds have started eating one of the plants in the garden that they have never bothered with before - a verbascum, (common name mullein)  when I have looked it up on the internet to see if it is ok, it says it is an old remedy used for mucus, respiratory etc - are they trying to tell me something ?

Some of them are set to be basketted for a 380 mile race tomorrow  :-/

Sorry,

RedCheqHen,

Got so many women on my mind, one name is as good as another. LOL.  I STILL wish you good luck in your coming 380 miler.

• 1 month later...

i have white spreading flowers in my border , their a bit like white lobelia [but their not ;D] but the birds seem to love them , and its certainly doing them no harm , wish i had kept the name of them, anybody any guesses?what they are, i also dead head all the pansies and put in the aviary, they eat these too, also crushed up digestive biscuits,,,,,i must be mad ;D ;D ;D [please nobody answer that, bet speck does ;D ;D]

p.s what do these plants look like r. ch. h.

verbascum - theres hairy types that are tall and non-hairy, I have the latter, not so tall, green leaves and flowers LOL   ;D ;D ;D

look it up on the internet, verbascum, common name mullein - you do get named varieties of them, but they're expensive........

Your flowers Jimmy - spreading white - common name, snow in summer at a guess

HI RED CHEQ  THE FLOWERS IM ON ABOUT IS NOT SNOW IN SUMMER AS I KNOW THEM [ I THINK :) :)] BUT IF YOU LOOK AT PHOTOS POST , JIMMY WHITES PHOTOS, JUST PASS THE DAFT ONES BUT AT THE END YOULL SEE THE FLOWERS IM ON ABOUT, VERY LIKE WHITE LOBELIA, BUT THEIR NOT THEM EITHER, ITS SO ANNOYING I HAVE THE NAME AT THE END OF MY TOUNGE BUT JUST CANT SEEM TO GET IT,, MAYBE SEE WHAT YOU THINK  ;D ;D ;D