Traetment required,please help!!!!!

andrecrock

It sounds to me as if your bird is really ill with repiritory problems. He will need antibiotics. Linctospectine would be the drug of choice.

That will only be an emergency action. You have probably got a badly ventilated, overcrowded loft. The illness is telling you that you must sort the loft and the stock levels out. And, by the way, even if you do not realise it, you will have other birds with the illness.  

The real problem is that this time of the year you should have the birds in the best possible condition. In the long run the best medicine is oxygen. Fresh air and plenty of it.

If you don't do anything else, fit a decent aviary to make sure they get plenty of fresh air. Make sure that the aviary floor is wire mesh so that they can not peck about in the mess on the floor or else you will have another hat full of problems.

It sounds to me as if your bird is really ill with repiritory problems. He will need antibiotics. Linctospectine would be the drug of choice.

That will only be an emergency action. You have probably got a badly ventilated, overcrowded loft. The illness is telling you that you must sort the loft and the stock levels out. And, by the way, even if you do not realise it, you will have other birds with the illness.  

The real problem is that this time of the year you should have the birds in the best possible condition. In the long run the best medicine is oxygen. Fresh air and plenty of it.

If you don't do anything else, fit a decent aviary to make sure they get plenty of fresh air. Make sure that the aviary floor is wire mesh so that they can not peck about in the mess on the floor or else you will have another hat full of problems.

Thanx for advice will speek to vet in morning, to get treatment.

And to answer owen ,i got 24 cocks in a singel 14 x 12 foot loft with a complete open front.I dont think the amount of oxygen is the problem,altough i agree that it is a respertory problem.The bird was lost in last race and when he returnerd 2weeks ago i qurinteend it for 5 days and placed him back in loft.Might have picked something up that i never spotted.

give half of do do tablet ie chest eaze u can get them from the chemist it opens up his airways and cleans the mucas from his wind pipe then after 24 hours treat with doxy for 5 days and seperate from other birds in mean time get checked by vet if theres any decent ones near u

Sorry but whats a Do Do tablet. ; ;D

I would still have a look at the ventilation. You are right the figures work out right but you need to make sure that the air is able to move through the loft in a way that takes the stale air out without having the birds sitting in a draught.

From what you are saying, the sick bird could have brought it's problem with it. Sorry to say this, but, I doubt if I would allow it anywhere near the other birds. It is not worth the risk. The chances are, that if it has developed the bad habit of straying, it will continue in the same vein.

This is one of those cases where you should consider getting rid of it. After all it could ruin your chances of winning some races next year. And, I certainly would not think of breeding from it.

NW USA

I take your point. And yes, I have heard that some birds overcome their illnesses to win races. But I would be willing to bet they are few and far between. And yes again, there are birds who return to the loft after a long time away and win races. But again they are few and far between.

Now you are sugesting that a bird that has won nothing, that has contracted a serious illness and has been a stray for a long time is going to come good. Sorry mate, you really are asking for everything. You must have more faith in these things than me.

I find it hard enough to select from young cocks that have done the programme successfully without messing about with deadbeats like this one must be.  

NW USA

I take your point. And yes, I have heard that some birds overcome their illnesses to win races. But I would be willing to bet they are few and far between. And yes again, there are birds who return to the loft after a long time away and win races. But again they are few and far between.

Now you are sugesting that a bird that has won nothing, that has contracted a serious illness and has been a stray for a long time is going to come good. Sorry mate, you really are asking for everything. You must have more faith in these things than me.

I find it hard enough to select from young cocks that have done the programme successfully without messing about with deadbeats like this one must be.  

Hold on a min my friend."deadbeats"?Wat are you on about?The bird in questions full nest brother was 11D section in the y/b nationl from fourgers this year.The bird himself scored two 3rd and 1 second in club.I can understand why you struggle to select your birds,poor things.

Hold on a min my friend."deadbeats"?Wat are you on about?The bird in questions full nest brother was 11D section in the y/b nationl from fourgers this year.The bird himself scored two 3rd and 1 second in club.I can understand why you struggle to select your birds,poor things.

Hi

Owen gave you an honest opinion  You are to blame for 5 days quarantine is not near

long enough it being away as long

Mind and tell us how you get on with it

Also Owen gave you the top product Linco

If it was mine bye bye ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Cheers

Homer 49

I respect owen's opinion.

But to call my bird a deadbeat,no thats wrong.For all i know he got tired,droped in another loft and was kept just to escape later.(fantacy world,,,maybe?)

Again,thank you for all opinions.

This was my second year in the sport,i am still learning just like everybody does to start with.

andrecrock

yes you are right. The ones that are not selected are removed from the team because I will only keep the ones that are able to do what I need them to do. In most cases my rejects would be good for some people but I want to raise the standard where and when I can.

Turning back to your sick pigeon. I believe that the differance between those that go on to be successful and those that do not make it is often quite small. And birds that fall off the required standard must be removed because they will do you no good. When you say that a bird is a brother or sister of a star does not mean much. The rules of inheritance means that the same parents can produce poor specimens and outstanding specimens. Sometimes, birds with outstanding potential can not make it because of accidents of chance. A hawk strike, a chance slip of direction or anything really. But the outcome is the same the bird becomes a reject. At the end of the day, it will always be down to the Manager to make the decisions. And I have learned a long time ago that I have to decide on a standard and stick to it.