Pigeon Tracker - A Response

PigeonTracker

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone mention you Dovescot?  

I'll take that positive feedback over the one or two serial complainers and bored posters who get a buzz out of stirring the proverbial any day of the week.  I don't have to name names on that one, the person/s I'm referring to know who they are and if the cap fits then they can wear it.

Still not sure  ;D ;D ;D

Guest Gareth Rankin
Sorry to dissapoint you Derek (Dellboy), there was no delay for John, (wee red hens), and no need for excuses so please take the time to get your facts right before commenting in future, it will save you from coming across as the victor meldrew of the forum.

I'll take that positive feedback over the one or two serial complainers and bored posters who get a buzz out of stirring the proverbial any day of the week.  I don't have to name names on that one, the person/s I'm referring to know who they are and if the cap fits then they can wear it.

Serial complainers!!! i think you you'll find when you are in the service industry the customer has the right to complain.

An old saying that you should maybe get to grips with if you are going to survive in the Pigeon delivery industry is "The customer is always right" :) :).

cheers

Gareth

I realy cant see the need for this thread to continue its quite clear the delay was three days , a simple appology would of sufficed , yes it is early days for most couriers and yes to err is to be human , yes a mistake / delay has been made but what i dont understand is this the couriers expect birds to be boxed on arrival and if delays are as stated over three days im sorry but i wouldnt box anything till the courier was on my doorstep , if transit boxes were left for next time i would be more than happy to get ready for the next time and a 2 minute boxing wouldnt be such a delay., all the best Mark
Your missing the point Mark,

The point of the response by John was to clear up the ambiguity over my Companies services which made it look like Pigeon Tracker caused the three day delay when point of fact, and as kindly cleared up by John, we caused no delay.  I think based on the fact a company that works hard to gain a reputation for going the extra yard deserves to be recognised for just that and if posts are made that might create the wrong impression then the poster should be allowed to make amends.  People are quick enough to condemn with no-one calling for a thread to be ended so why do that when praise is offered out?

Not many have the same views as you Mark, and as for boxing your birds just before the courier turned up, I wonder just how many couriers would wait for a dozen or so 'Old Yellows' to box their birds thus creating a delay for everyone down the line?   Fortunately most fanciers actually show consideration and its this consideration whilst working with couriers who actually want to help their fellow fanciers that will make for a better service all round.

I wonder how much flack from the irate fancier down the line later on his drop would the courier be able to take?  Or let's put it in another way, what if you had to wait a day or more extra because of the accumulated delay caused by one or more fanciers who took your stance and boxed after the courier came?   I'd be hedging my bets towards you posting on here complaining how poor the service was and how you had to wait, it might be a different story then, or you might actually be one of the few that actually is flexible and understood that delays are inevitable in this line of transport.

Its a tough one to call on the boxing, me personally, because we're pretty much without huge delays don' think it a bad thing to box a good few hours in advance, I've done it for 40 years and would not change now. and I do agree about your methods as long as the paperwork was pre-done etc then it really could only take seconds to box and away we go, the problem is though old yellow, some people take an absolute age to sort themselves out and thats where the problems begin.  As for the delays, from what I've been told and what's been told to us here, the delays only seem to happen on any frequent level by another company.

To John,  thanks for clearing up the amibuity, even if Mark felt it un-needed I felt it important and so did many others I'm sure.  The problem is that there aren't that many well mannered 'Old Yellows' in this world who think before they speak, most would spit thier dummy out of the pram without any thought to reasons behind delays let alone accept a simple apology.

All's well that ends well.  :)