PIGEON TRACKER

tskyes

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Gareth Rankin

Alan you are not in the minority, if that is the way Jamie wants to conduct his business all the best to him but i will not be paying for his services.

Something very wrong with the logistics operations of his company if they rely on people getting out of there bed at 05.15. :( :(

but im going to admit this on kevens side its impossable to forfill everyones needs and as a small group of peaple it cant be done routes have to be soorted for next day and adiered to or its nightmare but we would take timeout to pick up if near  if tesco.s wanted us to drop portsmouth then go to ipswich we do it but other lorrys would then take exeter drop if you have the vans cars drivers its easy if not its not and you then get bad reviews and lose bussness which for couier is death to future success

Guest strapper

to be fair theres not a courrier so far has pleased everyone, but there are better ones....pigeon trackers been ok with me so far cant fault them,much better than amtrak thats for sure.

i dont think there is a perfect service so its best not to judge a courrier service on one bad experience .

they all make mistakes ..remember the amtrak service in some areas were attrocious.

to be fair theres not a courrier so far has pleased everyone, but there are better ones....pigeon trackers been ok with me so far cant fault them,much better than amtrak thats for sure.

i dont think there is a perfect service so its best not to judge a courrier service on one bad experience .

they all make mistakes ..remember the amtrak service in some areas were attrocious.

Have you seen the vans he has showing on his web site?

Guest strapper

Have you seen the vans he has showing on his web site?

not on website but seen van here other night picking bird up, seemed ok, even got sections to stop boxes with birds in from roaming about.

I have to admit that pigeon tracker have picked up and delivered too me on many occasions. They have been on time and on the day they supposed to have been with me.

I cannot fault them for my pick ups etc.

I wouldn't disagree with that, however my complaint this time was the time they wanted to pick up and not ringing me back so I could possibly sort it out

True Alan, I am surprised that Jamie did not call you back.

Hi Steve, Anita here,

It was my responsibility to phone this person back Steve and we invariably do.  On this occassion this gentlemans e-mail (which he's published) was read prior to our call back, and, after reading this, together with the demands within Jamie did in fact immediately telephone the customer knowing we could not satisfy these demands subesequently advising that we would not be able to be his courier on this occassion.

Hopefully Alan can get a courier that can meet his needs as on this occassion despite the best will in the world we couldn't.  As a customer on that route yourself, (including today), I'm sure you understand that we pretty much have a strong system in place where we get to each customer in as best a manner as we can without causing too much inconvenience, and as in your case you as with most are happy to work with us to accomodate early calls, some people we do understand can't.

Regards,

Anita

Hi Steve, Anita here,

It was my responsibility to phone this person back Steve and we invariably do.  On this occassion this gentlemans e-mail (which he's published) was read prior to our call back, and, after reading this, together with the demands within Jamie did in fact immediately telephone the customer knowing we could not satisfy these demands subesequently advising that we would not be able to be his courier on this occassion.

Hopefully Alan can get a courier that can meet his needs as on this occassion despite the best will in the world we couldn't.  As a customer on that route yourself, (including today), I'm sure you understand that we pretty much have a strong system in place where we get to each customer in as best a manner as we can without causing too much inconvenience, and as in your case you as with most are happy to work with us to accomodate early calls, some people we do understand can't.

Regards,

Anita

Hi Anita,

yes I am very happy with my early pick up's/ deliverys. Fantastic for my day to day business needs., It's a shame that all customers cannot be accomadated, thats all I had to say really.

Like I have said in my previous mails pigeon tracker are the right carrier for me and sometimes not for other's.

Steve

Hi Steve, Anita here,

Regards,

Anita

Anita you had 3 and a half hours to ring me back. Why did Jamie tell me I could have gone to Steve Wright's in the afternoon when you didn't tell me this. My demands strange terminology. You know I was due a call back , why wait 3 and a hlf hoyurs to tell me you would not be picking up the birds.

And what about the 6 am pick up (earlier actually you know that because it would appear I spoke to you). Is this a policy you will stick to?

Hi Steve, Anita here,

Regards,

Anita

Jamie

I thought you covered all the pigeon fanciers needs, the way it reads is if we don't fit in them I am sorry get someone else as you are only covering certain routes, it certainly reads different from when you first started up, bending over backwards and going the extra distance that other couriers could not compete with

http://forum.pigeonbasics.com/m-1221906809/s-18/#num18

One of the best posts I've read and of course we'll take critics on face value.  Most here have been those who either have no interest other than hi-jacking threads of pure mischief makers.  Most people with half a brain would know that nothing can be done about traffic jams, road crashes, and no matter how big or small you are there is little or nothing you can do about this, and no matter how you cut it you can never blame the courier unless they caused the jam in the first place.

Trust me, if I could have used the same trick Moses used with the red sea I'd have done that Wednesday.   ;)  

Response to DoveScot@

Pigeon Tracker isn't a one man band, we have plenty of resources but they are academic in these types of instances, traffic jams are the only time a ferarri is likely to be passed by a Robin Reliant.  As for business experience?  As much experience as I do have it can never prepare you for what's around the corner and it would be a fool who would say otherwise.  I learnt that in my first day.

We've done a pretty good job of things so far and the only blip being one caused by something outside of our control.  Being stuck in a traffic jam is any companies worst nightmare, it costs thousands with its knockon effects but in truth it is only the naive or ignorant that would ever blame the courier.

Pigeon Tracker is going from strenght to strength and with the help of the fancier we'll get even better and that's what its all about.   A few negative posts on a forum aren't going to get in the way that's for sure.  

As for being a fancier and knowing how fanciers are likely to react?  Yes I am a fancier and whilst I know we can be a fickle old bunch, I'm still wise enough to understand that things like traffic can be a problem and if a delay happens which is beyond the control of the courier then I shouldnt complain, even though I'd be lying if I hadn't sworn at the delivery driver for being late with me even though it probably wasn't his fault.  We're all human, and if we had the tool called hindsight we'd understand this.  The problem is that we don't posess hindsight and often air frustration before getting facts.

Life doesn't come with a manual, and neither does how to deal with the unexpected, its a learning curve and for one, Pigeon Tracker are all about learning and that can never be a bad thing.

To ChrisMaidment and the rest for the kind support and encouragement, and to the many that read this forum but don't post here, thanks for your custom and understanding, that's what counts to Pigeon Tracker and what its all about.

I agree Jimmy and as I said from Day 1 its all about creating a network of likeminded people who have the resource and knowledge on how to put in place a structure that goes to benefit the fancier and breeders alike.  

Anyone who thinks they now it all and think they are above coming to forums like this are living in a world of their own.