COST OF TRANSPORTING SALE PIGEONS

Guest youngzimmy

Guest youngzimmy

ITS THE COST OF THE CARRIAGE THAT IS THE KILLER WE ARE GETTING TAKEN TO THE CLEANERS WITH THERE REDICULISE PRICES I AM SURE I HAVE SPENT AT LEAST £800,00 THIS YEAR ALONE WE NEED TO DO SOMTHING ABOUT IT PUTS YOU OFF BUYING BIRDS WHEN THE TRANSPORT COSTS MORE THAN THE BIRDS CAN WE PUT OUR HEADS TOGETHER AND COME UP WITH A MORE REASONABLE TRANSPORT COST

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest numpty01

we or rather some of us treid with stray centres but who used them noone birds would have been alover the country for next to nothing ??? so now its exspencive well thats life if you cant help youerselfs stray centre holding centre or just pickup point  no dffrance less cost

if it was 5quid some would complain its not good enough

I know there would be people out there who would but they have to understand a pigeon picked up in Kent and sent to Aberdeen for £40 is a really good price, when Amtrack was around people complained , when the went they complained and now there is couriers out there trying there best to help fanciers they still complain, its a no win situation , sme people just like to complain. lol  :)

Guest numpty01

I know there would be people out there who would but they have to understand a pigeon picked up in Kent and sent to Aberdeen for £40 is a really good price, when Amtrack was around people complained , when the went they complained and now there is couriers out there trying there best to help fanciers they still complain, its a no win situation , sme people just like to complain. lol  :)

my view is get in youer car get youer own if you want to complain

ITS THE COST OF THE CARRIAGE THAT IS THE KILLER WE ARE GETTING TAKEN TO THE CLEANERS WITH THERE REDICULISE PRICES I AM SURE I HAVE SPENT AT LEAST £800,00 THIS YEAR ALONE WE NEED TO DO SOMTHING ABOUT IT PUTS YOU OFF BUYING BIRDS WHEN THE TRANSPORT COSTS MORE THAN THE BIRDS CAN WE PUT OUR HEADS TOGETHER AND COME UP WITH A MORE REASONABLE TRANSPORT COST

if you was to use your own vehicle to transport the birds and not charge any labour cost for yourself could you do it for less then the guys who work as couriers ?, if not, then you must be getting a cheap service already

spot on there lad!

Guest youngzimmy

if you are dropping off twenty seperate drops from england to scotland at forty quid a drop  it is costing £800  that is more than it costs virgin to fly the same amount of people to spain

Why not attend some of the sales run by clubs and buy there. I am sure most of the birds offered will be better than anything you see advertised.

No transport costs involved and you can have a day out in great company.

Why not attend some of the sales run by clubs and buy there. I am sure most of the birds offered will be better than anything you see advertised.

No transport costs involved and you can have a day out in great company.

your not wanting him to walk to the sales are you with no transport costs envolved.

need petrol or bus to get there.lol    30 OR £40 NOT BAD FOR COURIERS  i would not drive 300mls and back  to pick up pigeons for that price, very reasonable i would say,

your not wanting him to walk to the sales are you with no transport costs envolved.

need petrol or bus to get there.lol    30 OR £40 NOT BAD FOR COURIERS  i would not drive 300mls and back  to pick up pigeons for that price, very reasonable i would say,

It's not difficult to get to some of the sales from where he lives.

There will always be people going and he will see what he is buying.

There is no need to buy birds from 300 miles away.

It's not difficult to get to some of the sales from where he lives.

There will always be people going and he will see what he is buying.

There is no need to buy birds from 300 miles away.

not a phycic m8 i dont no where he lives could on the falklands, the threads about the price of couriers and as said they are very cheap to use  Â£40 london to west lothian

cheap as chips you couldny get the bus for that single.

if you are dropping off twenty seperate drops from england to scotland at forty quid a drop  it is costing £800  that is more than it costs virgin to fly the same amount of people to spain

The thing is it might sound really good having 20 drops to scotland for £800, but bear in mind you have to pick them up first so half the £800

Then cost of diesel for both pick up and drop off

cost of boxes, shavings etc

then any toll bridges involved

wear and tare of van, insurance (which for me is nearly £3000 a year)tax etc

and then my own labour charges.

phone calls to customers

and the chance of getting 20 jobs to scotland in a week is very slim more like 5

Why cant you racer lads form an association ,to transport your own birds ,surely there are enough of you ,,my theory is that john lives in corwall ,bill lives in devon ,sam lives in somerset etc ,you could possibly form a skeleton network collecting birds from local reportings and passing them along the line ,outsiders would have to pay to use your scheme naturally ,think about it ,it would work if you can get enough racing enthusiasts involved and it would save you a lot of money too,.

Guest numpty01
Why cant you racer lads form an association ,to transport your own birds ,surely there are enough of you ,,my theory is that john lives in corwall ,bill lives in devon ,sam lives in somerset etc ,you could possibly form a skeleton network collecting birds from local reportings and passing them along the line ,outsiders would have to pay to use your scheme naturally ,think about it ,it would work if you can get enough racing enthusiasts involved and it would save you a lot of money too,.

because with fanciers they always think youer getting more than them and wont cooperate to help themselfs its so easy to form network but noone wants use it

STOP BUYING

As i had a dove release just the other side of gatwick,saturday just gone i took some stock birds that i had sold to a friend in ealing london just to save all the hassel with geting a courier,121 miles later one way i had enough.So i think its about time we all stopped knocking these couriers, and that includes me.But a good friend of mine is thinking about it  ;D ;D ;D :(

Guest numpty01
well i think the couriers make a dam good living!!!
then im sorry you really have no idea its hard graft for peanuts most of the time and can even ruin youer life from lack sleep time with family