can you keep your cocks n hens together.

mavrick

Can you keep your racing pigeons together for for 2010 or have you got to seperate to stop them breeding, or if they do breed can you just throw the eggs away. my partner has been told we can keep them together but i told him to keep them seperate, cansome one tell me what is best. :)

Guest peter.j
Can you keep your racing pigeons together for for 2010 or have you got to seperate to stop them breeding, or if they do breed can you just throw the eggs away. my partner has been told we can keep them together but i told him to keep them seperate, cansome one tell me what is best. :)

whatever suits yourself no right or wrong answer to this one

if your not wanting y/bs off them slip them pot eggs or boil thier own eggs

but watch your hens for being eggy check thier vents before sending to a race

also watch for yearling cocks driving as they can go over the top and you could lose them

Yes after a round, slipping Pot eggs and race dry is good. Also if able just slipping a new born youngster into a nest, if not eggs etc. This works great, and especially for the cock birds.

Hens I feel are better and more genuine on hard and / or distance races. Hence, thoiugh both benefit, and hen sitting tight around the 14 days has proved to be a time.

Yes yearling cocks driving either win.... or you don't see them. Why? who really knows, it just happens that way it seems.

Old cocks driving on a big youngster is their time of course to shine.