Grizzles/colours

sapper756

grizzle is mated with selfs to stop them getting lighter so grizzle will not effect the colour of the bird only the intensity of the grizzle grizzle to grizzle will get lighter and end up pure grizzle boardring on white

Paired cheq cock x griz hen and got griz cock and cheq hen youngsters.  Next nest 2 cheq hens

have put a near white cock  to a white grizzle hen for my youngest daughter this year. just to have some "pretty ones" , but knowing my luck ill end up with a blue grizzle and a che pied.          andy.

Guest cloudview

last season i mated  a blue grizzle cock to a red cheq he n

first nest  was ared cock and a bluecheq hen

2nd nest was 2 red grizzle cocks

3rd nest was red cock blue grizzle hen

4th nest was red grizzle cock and a blue hen

they should keep me in grizzles for a few years if i was to breed for them .

What colours would be produced, when you pair a grizzle to another coloured bird?

ie, grizzle x blue

grizzle x mealy

grizzle x dk chq

etc, etc ;)

could get anything it all depends on the grizzle birds in the first place ,  are they a dilute grizzle or dark grizzles is there paternation that of a black , blue , chequer ectra many variables , if light grizzles your more likely to get nice grizzles if mated with a bird that carrys pied / wfs :)

Results of pairing a yellow chequer hen (dilute colour) with a blue grizzle cock.(3 rounds produced)

All hens were blue grizzles

All cocks were red or meally grizzles

So a good example of a sex linked pairing

Douglas McClarys book pigeons for everyone has an excelent chapter on this and its correct 95% of the time

hi  i pr ed  a  white / grey grizzle hen to a pure white cock bird got 2  whites with a little grizzle to them & 4 pure whites by the way these hv orange eyes too  :)

then they are ashred based

Guest ROCKYandRAMBO

one year i paired a griz hen to a white cock just to get some pretty ones guess what i got ??? a nest pair of cocks one was a blue the other a cheq lol this year ive paired a black cock to a grizz hen just for colour id like a black griz