staffordshire bull terriers

My son is wanting a dog a staffy, does anyone know of any reputable breeders of these dogs.Have been reading that these dogs are actually very family orientated is this true ? Has anyone got any experience of these dogs and would you bring one into a house with two children aged 9 and 4.

without even giving it a second thought brilliant family dogs id rather have a staffy with my kids than a lab....pete

My son is wanting a dog a staffy, does anyone know of any reputable breeders of these dogs.Have been reading that these dogs are actually very family orientated is this true ? Has anyone got any experience of these dogs and would you bring one into a house with two children aged 9 and 4.

hi vincent, these dog are very family orientated in the right hands,i have been breeding reds for a few years and my parents have breed them for around 15 years. just had a litter of 10 got to let them know your the boss not them.if your going to get your kids a dog make sure it has k.c papers.

hi vincent, these dog are very family orientated in the right hands,i have been breeding reds for a few years and my parents have breed them for around 15 years. just had a litter of 10 got to let them know your the boss not them.if your going to get your kids a dog make sure it has k.c papers.

Yes it would have to be bred of show class dogs mate with a family history.

aye a dog is like a child it will only behave in the manner you want it to :) :) :) :)

we have got the right family down from a cruffs winner several champions all through the blood.

That is what we are talking about.Could you email me some pics vincentmarksmith@hotmail.com     :) :) :)

Sorry Shadow but at 17 wks old they ain't bad mate and it could very easily have been taught the error of it's way's if only they had gave it a chance and trained it right!!!

would you give it the error of its ways when it ripped out half your sons stomach

I would not and have kept dogs for 42 years

Our Staffie is fantastic with kids, its some other dogs she doesn't like. Would never trust any dog 100% with kids though.

Best to get a puppy from a home where the parent dogs have also been surrounded by kids etc as you are less likely to have problems.

If you get a pup from a breeder or somebody's mate from the local estate you don't know what you are getting and could have inbred problems!

Guest grizzler
Our Staffie is fantastic with kids, its some other dogs she doesn't like. Would never trust any dog 100% with kids though.

Best to get a puppy from a home where the parent dogs have also been surrounded by kids etc as you are less likely to have problems.

If you get a pup from a breeder or somebody's mate from the local estate you don't know what you are getting and could have inbred problems!

the best advice so far :) :)

dont be confused a true staff there is no better dog to have as a family pet gentle with the kids etc brillant dogs but have to be true staffs to many have pit bull crosses now a staff is only a small type dog with a roundish head not a long legged thing with a head and jaw  the shape of a square ive always had them i got my first one from battersea dogs home and did u no its the only dog then they would virtully guranteee with children

Only person I would recommend you talk to regarding breeders of Staffies is Abe Harkness comes from Carluke.  Have a look at his website, I know that a good webmaster can make any site seem the part but believe me this guy has years of experience to back it up.  

http://www.senkrah.co.uk/History.htm

dont be confused a true staff there is no better dog to have as a family pet gentle with the kids etc brillant dogs but have to be true staffs to many have pit bull crosses now a staff is only a small type dog with a roundish head not a long legged thing with a head and jaw  the shape of a square ive always had them i got my first one from battersea dogs home and did u no its the only dog then they would virtully guranteee with children

I agree you hardly see a good Staffie these days, they are either bred to a point they no longer look like one or as you say they are crossed, sadly certain people just want them for because of the name. I know a few that have wannabees and even though they are sound dogs and great with people just ugly  ;D

i hav had staffs al my life they r very family orientated a wud get a pup a wud never bring a old dog in 2 a family thats with any kind ov dog nt jst staffs

Just lost one at 10 year old to cancer. Fantastic family dog and cat keeper outer. Not known as the "nanny dog" for nothing. But as with ALL dogs its all in the upbrining.

id like too add mine aint no potbelly pig lookalikes,and are 100% true staffords and so as not too put anyone off , i dont condone or recommend any breed crossing mainly because you cannot predict the reliability of the temprement...and as an experianced bull breed man would recommened that you go to an established breeder and see the parents and any older siblings before you commit to buying.. NO DOG NO MATTER THE BREED IS PERFECT SO ID NEVER LEAVE 1 ALONE WITH ANY YOUNG CHILD....