New Members - Introduce Yourselves

Webmaster

A fancier is only as good as his last season and mine was a disaster so I doubt if I am in a position to offer wisdom. Perhaps the lessons of last season might be considered as wisdom. That would be ensure you vaccinate against Para before the youngsters are weaned. Doing that ensures they are protected against whatever strays bring into the loft. :) :) :)

There you go I have even mastered the happy smiley faces.  

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy again !!!!!!!!! (Funny faces are back)  ;D ;D ;D Novice  ;) ;) ;) be warned thou ????????? now. Some of us here don't quite fit into that category (Lovely people) but you will soon sort us all out  ;) ;) ;) here I have no doubt.

PS It will not take to long  :P :P :P to move to the next stage, from being a novice here, if you give us your wisdom now & again.

Enjoy.

lennut u behave your self now and don,t try to catch him out with your wisdom  ;) ;) :P :P

:X :X :X              your still a nutter

Hi my name is Robert and I race pigeons into Ayrshire. Contrary to my user name I have raced pigeons since 1968 and have had my share of success.  Last year I had a stray enter the loft and all my youngsters which were not vaccinated took Paramixovirus. Because of this I stopped racing for the season even though the old birds were uneffected they would have passed on the virus in the race basket.

Because of this I start this season with a relatively inexperienced team of birds but I look forward to testing them. I also look forward to some banter with like minded fanciers both racers and fancy on this forum.

I am a committee member of the SNRPC.

HELLO THERE COMMITTEE MAN

IN AYRSHIRE CAN YOU HELP OUR FRIEND(DOO)ABOUT THE S.N.R.P.C.   HE NEEDS A LITTLE CONVINCING  I THINK REGARDING THE DIFFERENCE OF THE 2 NATS

I THINK

Guest mikkey

welcome everbody im a bit of a newbie here myself.........try not to have too much fun cos some people dont like it............ mentioning no names..............ALF............VIC.... :P :P :P :P ;D ;D ;D ;D

A fancier is only as good as his last season and mine was a disaster so I doubt if I am in a position to offer wisdom. Perhaps the lessons of last season might be considered as wisdom. That would be ensure you vaccinate against Para before the youngsters are weaned. Doing that ensures they are protected against whatever strays bring into the loft. :) :) :)

There you go I have even mastered the happy smiley faces.  

Robert !!!!!! Many of us here could relate to your situation last year etc at times "All part of the fun" shall we say  :) :) :). So don't for one minute think  ;D ;D ;D that you have to be one of the elite to offer your wisdom here, because if that case. This site would be as dead as a Do Do  :'( :'( most days I'm afraid, & as long as they allow  8) 8) 8) ??????? people like Rembrant  ;D ;D ;D (My mate) & myself here etc  ;D ;D ;D, you will fit in alright, I'm quite sure.

Enjoy.

Robert !!!!!! Many of us here could relate to your situation last year etc at times "All part of the fun" shall we say  :) :) :). So don't for one minute think  ;D ;D ;D that you have to be one of the elite to offer your wisdom here, because if that case. This site would be as dead as a Do Do  :'( :'( most days I'm afraid, & as long as they allow  8) 8) 8) ??????? people like Rembrant  ;D ;D ;D (My mate) & myself here etc  ;D ;D ;D, you will fit in alright, I'm quite sure.

Enjoy.

YOU WISE OLD OWL , ARE YOU SAYING I,M A NUTCASE AS WELL ,I THINK TO MYSELF SOMEHOW ,AND SAY   :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/:-/ :-/ :-/HEY MAYBE I AM  ??) ??) ??) I WISH I WAS DOWN UNDER

NOVICE WILL BE FINE HE,S GOT THE RIGHT CREDENTIALS

Lennut I'll do my best and I am sure that with some coaching from Rembrandt and Doo who are at opposite ends of the spectrum I will get there.

Robert !!!!! at the end of the day  ;D ;D ;D ???????? & all the bullsh*t aside. That's all any of us  can do etc "Our best" & where it leads or what may happen, is in the hands of the master above.

PS  :) :) :) & thats coming from an atheist  :'( :'( :'(.

Enjoy.

Lennut--when the racing season starts in earnest I hope that I can drag my *expletive removed* into the loft all day every day and spend less time on here. That will be my best and that I will enjoy. Goodness knows what that will lead to.

I only wish I had some enthusiasm for driving to train the birds.

Lennut--when the racing season starts in earnest I hope that I can drag my *expletive removed* into the loft all day every day and spend less time on here. That will be my best and that I will enjoy. Goodness knows what that will lead to.

I only wish I had some enthusiasm for driving to train the birds.

;D ;D ;D I know exactly what you mean  ;) ;) ;) all part of the enjoyment ??????????? "LMFAO" Do what I do thou  :P :P :P toss a maximum of 11 miles & work them around the loft etc (No cut lunch required)  :) :) :) & a lot less petrol  ;D ;D ;D compared to  the way that many of them toss down here I'm afraid. Never been my cup of tea for a long long long time now "JMO".

Enjoy.

hi

:) its Patsy ,been off for awhile, my husband in the process of finishing his loft. nice to be back.

Wecome back Patsy !!!!!!!! Jump in feet first if you wish  ;D ;D ;D you can only make a fool of yourself  ;) ;) ;):) :) :) (No big deal) here. Most of us ?????????? will only be to happy to enjoy your wisdom & humour etc.

PS Get to know the girls here !!!!!!! & you should have a ball I imagine.

Enjoy.

Hi Patsy and welcome. Not welcome back from me as I am also new.

Lennut flagging is always an option. I'll see how the season goes but most of my yearlings have limited experience so they will need some roadwork.

;D ;D ;D Robert  ;) ;) ;) I will tell you a little secret here ????? just between you I, & no one else "PMSL" I once had a young pigeon (6 months) in a race. It was strong head wind (south east) on the day. 13,500 birds in the race etc  & he was the best on the day.

Guess what !!!!!!!  ;D ;D ;D he had 4,  :) :) :) 11 mile tosses to achieve that result. So don't worry to much about what ever you do ?????, at times they simple amaze you.

Enjoy.

Hi Lemmut--looks like I need to amaze myself and do some of these :) :) :) and  ;D ;D ;D things.

11 mile tosses would suite me fine if it were going to work.

I might try it with home exercise if I think it will work. The only highlight of a training toss for me is calling into a resturant for some quality food. ;) ;) ;).

Your pigeon is a true champion. For interest did he produce any quality off spring.