-
Posts
25,003 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by Kyleakin Lofts
-
Good morning all.
-
Sickening.
-
A bit cheerier today here in East Ayrshire. Broken clouds which we are actually able to see and some sky visible through them. Much calmer than the previous couple of days.
-
Happy birthday.
-
Walter, it is not Gibb's own lines, it is a supplier of chicken feed, but they also make pigeon mixes. Gibb does not currently stock the pigeon mixes and that is why I have asked William to get prices, etc.
-
Gibb of Galston stock non-GM grain for chickens. I have contacted their supplier and the supplier has verbal guaranteed all their pigeon mixes except one. I am now waiting on William getting prices for me. I also contacted Frasers and am waiting for them to get back to me. They are able to make non-GM mixes, but what the contents and price will be is the information that I await. Glad that a chick's view is being appreciated. I have been reading her stuff for some time now and it is very interesting.
-
That is what we would all want without doubt, but his pigeon was one of very few to race into Ayrshire which increases its merit. Why has distance racing become so difficult? BOP undoubtedly has a vast effect on distance racing, just the sheer number of sites which have to be manoeuvred, but I think education also comes into it. Fanciers do not have the same opportunity to educate themselves on the methods of preparing pigeons for these type of races and the pigeons do not have the similar opportunity of gaining experience, solely due to the Federation / Combine failure to provide the facility.
-
Knew I'd seen it somewhere.
-
Seen something about this elsewhere, but it was also commented to be incorrect, so I am none the wiser. The very 'fact' that this release is available is very disturbing.
-
My aim this season coming will be to get some back from the coast.
-
Caught one yesterday and today. No bait used, just multiple traps set on their runs.
-
Good Charlie, but at least it confirms my suspicion that Combine type races would still educate without the complete scattering that is possible at a national race.
-
1 Another money making exercise. 2 We should pull them up at every opportunity. It is becoming bad when people in positions are no longer trusted to be fair and open, but in the case of RSPB which spouts so much untruths, are their members to be relied upon as remaining neutral?
-
You are going to have to put in an exceptional effort or you will never lose that Anderson Shield. Well done once again Robert, one year off to give the others a chance, then back to the winning ways. Were you trying something different or did you just take the foot off the pedal?
-
Another dull damp day, but at least the mist has lifted here in East Ayrshire.
-
Good morning all.
-
Security Warning Coming Up When On Site
Kyleakin Lofts replied to kingziemckay's topic in Notice Board
It seems normal to me, but then, I am totally bonkers. -
Happy birthday.
-
Take more than a young, handsome, debonnaire, intelligent, pipsqueak like Steven to put you down Walter, even if he does have it all going for him, after all, you are old and wisened, sorry wise. :D
-
Interesting Genetics, About Dogs Though
Kyleakin Lofts replied to ally mac's topic in Breeding, Strains & Families
What a good post Owen. I would say you are attempting to inbreed to the unseen genes you are after. Genes that produce winning pigeons. -
Got some in from Frank's National winning lines, some from top English International fliers, so I'll have to see what they are able to do for me.
-
Yaaaaaaa, I still have an opinion!!!! :D
-
Excellent gesture!!! Well done.
-
Welcome 5 New Members
Kyleakin Lofts replied to THE FIFER's topic in Introductions & Member Messages
Welcome to the site. -
Used to be 2 Avranches, Rennes, Nantes and the YB National. Fed racing went to the coast, in fact I think the second Avranches may have been a Fed race. Lack of numbers and therefore cost precludes the Feds from achieving French races and even the coast, so it is time that the Feds carried out their duty of providing convoying for their member clubs to at least 200 miles. At that point, if finance precludes, they have to talk to each other and form Amalgamations or Combines to cover the races to the coast. The transport being unused could be continued in duty by convoying even more 200 mile type races with area liberations. At some point after this the National should organise its races and transport. The whole set-up should be organised National, Combine then Federation, thus becoming most effective and properly organised rather than thrown together. Fed racing used to provide education for both fanciers and pigeons. This education is now sadly lacking, thus a reason for fewer distance minded fanciers progressing through the ranks; it IS too difficult. If we adopted the combine system some of this education would return and more would be prepared to attempt the distance races.
