S & J Turner - Thank you to Pigeon Basics Members

Simeon Turner

Following our very successful sale in the BHW and on Pigeon Basics, as promised as a big thank you to the site for letting me advertise on it I have decided to offer a very special cock for auction. All the proceeds from the sale of this cock will go to the Pigeon Basics Site.

The cock himself was bred in 2008, was raced as a young bird, racing very consistantly - at the end of the young bird season we decided to put this pigeon in the stock loft - something we have never done with a pigeon so young!

He bred 2 youngsters this year and they have raced well - bare in mind we don't take young bird racing seriously at all - we simply use it for education for their future careers. However, they still fly very well for us and win many races/prizes along the way.

The main breeding of this cock is (Hartog x Karel Boeckx) x (Hartog x Hofkens)

The sire has scored on the road, he was bred in 2005 and has bred fed winners (2 in 1 nest as a yearling) for Elmore & Smith in Tamworth, he has also bred winners for us and other people - this cock has come with us to our new loft in Chesterfield.

The dam of this hen also bred in 2005 has raced very well for us with the highlight being 1st club, 2nd fed, 16th Combine Le Mans - she has also bred some superb birds and has also come with us to our new loft in Chesterfield.

The full pedigree will be supplied for this cock along of course with the transfer.

The Auction will run from Tonight until Wednesday 11th November at 21:00 - Therefore the last bid taken at 20:59 will win the bird.

The buyer is to pay the carriage and I will release the pigeon when confirmation has been received from the site owners that the payment has been received.

The bird will start at £30

Please note I won't be online from Lunchtime Thursday 5th until the evening of 10th November - so any queries will be answered then.

Can all bids be placed on this thread - not by PM.

I will do my best to get a photo of him before I go offline on Thursday

Good luck everyone - this is one cracking cock with a superb potential in the stock loft  :)

• Advert: Morray Firth One Loft Classic
  • Advert: M.A.C. Lofts Pigeon Products
  • Advert: RV Woodcraft
  • Advert: B.Leefe & Sons
  • Advert: Apex Garden Buildings
  • Advert: Racing Pigeon Supplies
  • Advert: Solway Feeders