Pigeon Sales

whenever a person comes on here wanting to sell pigeons then there name in full and  address should be stored on here along with their loft number to rpra or shu which can be checked out by the would be purchaser who could enquire to said unions if rings are in vendors name etc and be verified as to them being members of said organisations  and maybe that would catch out the coxys of the world ,just a couple of thoughts what yi think

Guest j.bamling

i agree i have sold some latebreds on here myself and think your idea is a good one if people had to fill more in when first joining then people could find out a bit more on the person who is selling or buying ?  ;)

Who buys birds from people they know nothing about? name address club results etc? I know there are some silly people but who would be that silly?

Me obviously :B :B :B

When we are new and keen to get birds, we buy from strangers as we don't know any better

All we need beside our profile is trusted seller and of course trusted buyer because this is open to the same fraud

We have never sold a bird on the site, not registered to any flying associations so that would make it hard for us also, but we are trusted buyers

We are all getting paranoid due to one little scum bag, who will try any thing to suppliment his fraudulant income

He is barefaced with no embarrassment what so ever and will be on here again making any excuse he can.

I know this because it looks like I am the criminal getting questioned by the police for harassment :-/

If you are genuine.....then you have nothing to hide.......

Personally, I think that the buyer should assume responsibility for validating who they are buying from.............I know I do

This is a public forum and freely showing your personal details, loft no-s to all and sundry could leave the doors open for all amnner of Mr. Meaners............I can think of a few already!

Perhaps the info should be generically supplied 'upon request'    

Just been to the cash-line and its advertising this as ID Fraud Week.  Looked awful like an invitation rather than a warning.  :(

Not a funny matter but its a good reminder that honesty and openness are all very fine, but these are your personal details and how much should you put up about yourself on the web? How little is an acceptable enough?

Look at this Site for example, some of the member's posts 'members centre' details are bare minimum, you don't even know country of origin, isn't that kinda strange on a social networking site?

In light of what happened to me here are some ideas that can be considered or played around with

Delegate someone nationally, from each area or anything appropriate

And they vet all pigeon sales on the site

Example

I want to by birds from a site member, we agree terms and I then send the money to the site delegate or one of them if there is more than one appointed

When I receive what is agreed on the funds are transferred to the seller

If you are a well established seller then the delegate can authorise straight dealings if not then all sales must go through him

In pigeon sales there is a flag saying vetted seller or must deal through delegate otherwise you may leave yourself open to fraud

This is a site option to help members and not the responsibility of the site owners

Copy to Webmaster for his attention

In light of what happened to me here are some ideas that can be considered or played around with

Delegate someone nationally, from each area or anything appropriate

Example

I want to by birds from a site member, we agree terms and I then send the money to the site delegate or one of them if there is more than one appointed

If you are a well established seller then the delegate can authorise straight dealings if not then all sales must go through him

In pigeon sales there is a flag saying vetted seller or must deal through delegate otherwise you may leave yourself open to fraud

This is a site option to help members and not the responsibility of the site owners

good idea mate

majorpet

revised version

Delegate someone nationally or from each area or anything appropriate

Example

If a seller or buyer is found to be fraudulant, which I don't think would happen if done correctly then they are black listed from sales

You can contact a delegate by PM to arrange a sale if as in my case the sale was a surprise

This is a site option to help members and sale of pigeons is not the responsibility of the site owners

Anyone not following these guide lines has only themselves to blame

sounds harsh...................lets keep it simple for the everyone

just post a generic warning at the beginning of every for sale post, advising all members to be vigilant in their approach to buying birds..give them pointers of what they should be looking for, ie names address clubs.......then let them assume responsibilty thereonafter.

Post an advisory notice.......and if they still fall foul...............then I'd be inclined to say tuff - tiddies  

Theres no accounting for common sence

sounds harsh...................lets keep it simple for the everyone

just post a generic warning at the beginning of every for sale post, advising all members to be vigilant in their approach to buying birds..give them pointers of what they should be looking for, ie names address clubs.......then let them assume responsibilty thereonafter.

Post an advisory notice.......and if they still fall foul...............then I'd be inclined to say tuff - tiddies  

Theres no accounting for common sence

IT DOES SOUND HARSH BUT THEIR TO PROTECT BEGINNERS RATHER THAN ESTABLISHED MEMBERS

OR

THE ADVISORY COULD INCLUDE SOME OF THE ABOVE IDEAS MAYBE

BEST AND SIMPLEST IDEA IS  DONT BUY THEM OFF A PIGEON WEBSITE , OR ELSE MAKE SURE IT'S FROM SOMEBODY YOU KNOW

That's fine Tammy if you know people or you have been here a while and get to know people, but not easy when you first start

And a lot easier for the racing fanciers but not so easy for fancy fanciers :-/

And then there are the ones you think you know, that would still rip you off :'(

{IT DOES SOUND HARSH BUT THEIR TO PROTECT BEGINNERS RATHER THAN ESTABLISHED MEMBERS}

..............fair point :)

In light of what has happened, we have become somewhat paranoid with pigeon sales especially from people we do not know, and also from people we have come to know ;)

I would be quite happy to send or receive money via a trusted third party on condition of sale with no offence taken or intended

But I could see the Coxy's of this world opting out of this way of dealing

I would offer my services if anyone wanted and I am sure others would