Peckedhen's photos

Peckedhen

LOL - you wont want these if you're going to race Paul - they don't come straight home, they've found somewhere nice to hang out for a few hours before they return!!  Not only that, but they have taught the younger birds to do the same!  ::)

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

These are really beautiful pigeons,would you ever try and put the pigeons in the race basket, or you jus keeping them for around the home,they are truly lovely birds and would be interesting to see how they race as if you read the rp and homing world some people do really well from the long distance with white pigeons,ive never had or bred a white in my loft so i wouldnt know how they fair against the other colours.But pecked hen they are a true credit to you,you have a nice set up aswell

Thank you Wiley.

I'm not sure if I can cope with the stress of racing!  I've taken their training very cautiously, determined not to loose any but, a couple of weeks ago I sent them on  training toss with NE Lancs Fed. The weather closed in and I had only three back from 17 - I tell you, I was worried sick about them - I couldn't eat or drink - eventually the torrential rain stopped and one by one they returned but, it's supposed to be fun isn't it? It's not my idea of fun!!  I'll have to toughen up and not get so attached to them if I'm going to race. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...
Guest MBpigeonguy

nice birds sue, i tell you one thing you get alot of attantion with these birds,  i have grizzles but no whites, my advicer tells me to stay away from aperance and focus on proformance

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

My nephew is training to be a game keeper and lives in a very rural area which has a large population of assorted hawks, along with his array of ferrets gun dogs etc he keeps a few free flying fantails...... the hawks never (as yet ) take them down, but yet the fields are covered in the remains of wood pigeon and ferals.