Young Birds With Both Outer Tail Feathers Drooping

pigeonman2011

My own thoughts on this is that stress causes this by taking them out of the nest and moving them over to the y/bird section. The tail feathers are ok in the nest and generally drop a week or two after moving them over.

A lot say its a sign of weakness but thats not true, Ive had real champion pigeons with droop tail feathers.

one of the best cocks i raced in late 80s early 90s had booth the outer feathers touching the ground , a soapy beak and a fkn gruntter , the late artur smith said if it were his bird he would have put it in the pail as soapy beaks and grunters were no use , i said thats fine you keep pailing yours as this birds has 10 firsts and yours dosent lol . somthings like baldy faced babies or fret marked tails i dont like but most other things

have found dot make no diffo .

They say soapy beaks no use but your lucky to breed one in a 100 , if you only bred 1 normal blue and the rest were all chqs would it last the season or would they say it went dowm blues are no use . theres not enough bred to make comparisons same as with dropping tails .

Hi im curious to find out why some young pigeons have both or just 1 of their outer tail feathers droop down i have seen this before and would just like to know your views on this thanks :animatedpigeons:

One of my best cocks had a dropped tail feather he was 10th open LNR COMBINE Stonehaven 380 mls over 7,000 birds, 42nd & 46th & 99th LNR COMBINE Thurso 503 mls over 4,000 birds, also won the LNR Combine Hall of Fame.

one of the best cocks i raced in late 80s early 90s had booth the outer feathers touching the ground , a soapy beak and a fkn gruntter , the late artur smith said if it were his bird he would have put it in the pail as soapy beaks and grunters were no use , i said thats fine you keep pailing yours as this birds has 10 firsts and yours dosent lol . somthings like baldy faced babies or fret marked tails i dont like but most other things

have found dot make no diffo .

They say soapy beaks no use but your lucky to breed one in a 100 , if you only bred 1 normal blue and the rest were all chqs would it last the season or would they say it went dowm blues are no use . theres not enough bred to make comparisons same as with dropping tails .

The doo in my avatar has a drooped tail feather, but when it straightened a bit then ye put the crosses on ;):emoticon-0127-lipssealed: