Maidstone

Guest Basin View

Guest Basin View

Had a yearling cock that was at Maidstone reported in County Wicklow, Ireland.

In a west wind what took him to head for Ireland cross water into Ireland and end up south of Dublin :emoticon-0138-thinking: :emoticon-0138-thinking: :emoticon-0138-thinking:

Can't understand Maidstone being a liberation point it lies on the Thames estuary and direct in line with the city of London that has one of the busiest air routes in Europe ,if common sense prevailed Portsmouth in the centre of the south coast would be the safest liberation site with the birds racing into wide open countryside with plenty of time for them to sort themselves into open batches major problem at Maidstone if birds are in guernsey and Southern Ireland .

Guest stb-

Can't understand Maidstone being a liberation point it lies on the Thames estuary and direct in line with the city of London that has one of the busiest air routes in Europe ,if common sense prevailed Portsmouth in the centre of the south coast would be the safest liberation site with the birds racing into wide open countryside with plenty of time for them to sort themselves into open batches major problem at Maidstone if birds are in guernsey and Southern Ireland .

mick theres been lots of birds in ireland from newark leicester newbury and maidston most in strong west winds and the week of the leicester race there were 100s of irish birds turned up around here and ayrshire ,

my uncle has phoned from portavogie very reg this year to say there su L M, A, and S, birds over there every week in larger numbers than usual and they dont understand it in strong west winds , its usually the easterlies thats the prob

Edited by stb-

mick theres been lots of birds in ireland from newark leicester newbury and maidston most in strong west winds and the week of the leicester race there were 100s of irish birds turned up around here and ayrshire ,

my uncle has phoned from portavogie very reg this year to say there su L M, A, and S, birds over there every week in larger numbers than usual and they dont understand it in strong west winds , its usually the easterlies thats the prob

Prob them bloody hawks rab

Guest Basin View

As posted before my yearling cock 1630 that was at Maidstone was reported from Bray, County Wicklow.

A non fancier caught him ( he had been injured ) fed him for a few days then released him last Friday at cliffs a few miles away but he returned to his house, he was still there last night.......today at 15.25 I found him picking around on the grass in front of the loft.

I reckon shortest route is 320 / 350 miles, dependant on where he crossed the Irish Sea he could have flown much further.

Emailed the non fancier to say without him helping and reporting the bird I would have never known all that had happened.

Looking to 1630 going on to better things next year.

:animatedpigeons:

As posted before my yearling cock 1630 that was at Maidstone was reported from Bray, County Wicklow.

A non fancier caught him ( he had been injured ) fed him for a few days then released him last Friday at cliffs a few miles away but he returned to his house, he was still there last night.......today at 15.25 I found him picking around on the grass in front of the loft.

I reckon shortest route is 320 / 350 miles, dependant on where he crossed the Irish Sea he could have flown much further.

Emailed the non fancier to say without him helping and reporting the bird I would have never known all that had happened.

Looking to 1630 going on to better things next year.

:animatedpigeons:

Lucky you Graeme hope he does well in the future :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping:

Guest Basin View

Thanks Ian..he is happy "hooting" in his box to his hen...Marlene also said hope you have given him something special to eat and drink when he came home...sorted. :lol: :lol: :lol: