Birds Are Still Out

Guest ConsettFlyer12

Guest ConsettFlyer12

My youngbirds are still on the house roof since 4pm Im getting annoyed because everytime i go and shake they dont come in its liked their spooked. One day i dont feed them much they dont fly long and trap fast and another i do thdey fly long and trap slow im should i leave them out for the night? But im worried incase a cat gets them. Ill be up at 6 in the morning to get them in

Guest geordiejen

i have pigeons(youngsters)that stay out all night.i wouldnt be getting up in the morning to try and get them in.i would leave them until i get home from work.that should teach them not to sit out all night.remember your the boss and if they dont come in when you want them then lock them out.

Guest chad3646

i have pigeons(youngsters)that stay out all night.i wouldnt be getting up in the morning to try and get them in.i would leave them until i get home from work.that should teach them not to sit out all night.remember your the boss and if they dont come in when you want them then lock them out.

you would be better sticking to your pouters

Keep the feed light Scott as has been said get pleanty barley in there. Best way to feed to keep it simple for now 50% barley 50% yb mix fill feeder up get them in and watch them eat soon as 2 birds go to drinker take food off them. Another thing feeding a lot of barley you can trap with seed or peanuts as the birds love it so they will be even more eager to trap. It's like having porridge every meal, when your mam shouts you in for tea your not to fussed, but when she's got the chocolate cake out and shouts your there in a flash ;)

P.s your not flagging them are you? And do you have a flapper ?

Guest ConsettFlyer12

Im not flagging them and i dont know if their healthy? And nope i dont have a flapper because i got told it pecks your youngbirds?

Im not flagging them and i dont know if their healthy? And nope i dont have a flapper because i got told it pecks your youngbirds?

I've got 3 fantails hens in with young birds so there bought up with them. If anything the fantails take a battering off the yb's. The ybs often make a be line to have a bit dig at them. I wouldn't let them out today Scott with the fog we've got. Just feed em barley till first couple go fo a drink and take corn away. Are you shaking tin and calling at them when there feeding so they know when that tin shakes its feeding time?

Guest geordiejen

you would be better sticking to your pouters

your right chad.bad enough trying to keep ordinary pigeons in check never mind trying to train them to race.dont know where you guys find the time for all that malarky.your wives and kids must be very understanding.

2010 my ybs was sat out all day wouldn't come in, A good fancier told me that he thinks there could be something wrong with them, healthwise.. and he was 100% correct. i gave them treatment and got them right. now anytime i have anything like that i get them tested.

my ybs get as much corn as they want after there fly (1hour in the evening) and they are no trouble at coming in.

Guest ConsettFlyer12

I know theres nothing wrong with them, There droppings are good, flying well and dont hunch up and yeah ill have to shake more i think it was because i fed to much on staurday and didnt let them out that day too. there in now