Jim Biss Brundall

The year 1984 saw Andre Van Bruaene,Belgium,triumph at Barcelona with Barcelona 11 taking 1st prize Barcelona International,13,033 birds.Barcelona 11 is a grandson of ''Barcelona'' 1st prize international 1966.Barcelona 11 is also a grandson of first prize Barcelona international winner,flown by Van Grimbergen in 1964,this pigeon also won 2nd prize Barcelona international in 1962.Four direct children from this Van Bruaene cock,Barcelona 11 are now at Hillside.Also children from his sister and from Andre Van Bruaene's best racers and breeders.Van Bruaene has been at the top for a very long time,and again like Julien Matthys,Andre has produced his very own family.In fact many years of keeping them pure with just the occasional introduction of new blood with the emphasis on proven long distance racing.So there you are have a short resume of the Biss family from the beginning to the present day.

Continuing the policy of rigerous testing the future offspring of these latest introductions will be raced against the existing proven family.Only thoses that can do as well or better will be retained.In the past i have tested many Belgium strains against my own family but found them wanting and consequently these have been disgarded.One must be on the search all the time if one wants to stay at the top.The aim must be quality not quantity.The offspring of all my stock birds are put on the road and thoroughly progeny tested.They realy do face stiff opposition from their own loft mates.The birds that were 5th Open Rennes Midland National in 1976 would have been 1st National Rennes if it wasn't for his loftmates.A similar performance was achieved at Hillside this year.It occurred in the keenly contested Nantes Midland National the bird that was 6th Open Midland National would actually have been 1st if it wasn't for his loftmates.In the past one could probably win the long distance race with a slow racer not so now . Today i believe only long distance National and classic events wherein adverse weather conditions prevail,can be won by the slow plodding type pigeon .We are today seing the amergance of a new type of racing pigeon , one that can sprint 650 miles .This is a challaege that i personally find very exciting.Therefore,the Biss family must be ready to meet the challange.It is with this in mind that i have been working planing and spending heavily these past several years .Make no mistake the challange is strong,and you will have to be ready to meet the challange.Furthermore in view of my knowledge,experiance and success over the years coupled with the hight quality of limited stock kept at Hillside i feel quietly confident that the Biss strain will keep Hillside at the forefront .At the same time help those fanciers that have ambitions to become famouse at middle and distance racing by providing the quality of proven ancestry so important if one's ambitious plans are to be realised.