Cocks For Racing

Ryno

Pair your birds on the 14 jan allow birds to rear one round and remove hens from the loft when the young are around 14 days old. allow the cocks to finish off the young. Repair the hens so that they lay 5 days before your first race. Race the cocks sitting for that race then remove all hens bowls eggs ect on the Sunday after the race. You are now on full widower. They will now race from short races to long enders.:emoticon-0167-beer:

Or the other option is to race them dry pair them later allow to sit 10 days remove hens eggs ect one week before first race: :emoticon-0157-sun: or race first race on eggs if you prefer i find this better when racing yearling.

Bern what's your preference of allowing the widowers to sit twice? What difference have you noticed?

I found by letting the cocks sit twice and race the first race natral it settles the cocks. and by pairing the birds on Jan 14th it allow's the cocks to recoupe and bond to the box after rearing the young. I also found it easier to get the birds in top nick and hold form for a longer peiod in the season

What i don't allow is the cocks to sit more than 5 days on the second round otherwise it triggers the moult, by using this methiod i find they hold the moult for the long enders normally dropping their 1st flight around the first or second week in june.

I've not been on my game the past few years and was pulling my hair out, (now i'm bald i've found the reason):emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: I noticed that i was having problems with this system the cocks would drop flights early then relised that a street light that lights up my garden was to blame:: :emoticon-0179-headbang: The street light is the reason i'm reluctant to put sky lights in my loft roof.

I found by letting the cocks sit twice and race the first race natral it settles the cocks. and by pairing the birds on Jan 14th it allow's the cocks to recoupe and bond to the box after rearing the young. I also found it easier to get the birds in top nick and hold form for a longer peiod in the seasonWhat i don't allow is the cocks to sit more than 5 days on the second round otherwise it triggers the moult, by using this methiod i find they hold the moult for the long enders normally dropping their 1st flight around the first or second week in june. I've not been on my game the past few years and was pulling my hair out, (now i'm bald i've found the reason):emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: I noticed that i was having problems with this system the cocks would drop flights early then relised that a street light that lights up my garden was to blame:: :emoticon-0179-headbang: The street light is the reason i'm reluctant to put sky lights in my loft roof.

bern that is how my granch done it top prize winner every year he pretty much followed the dave allan systeminteresting with the street light tho coz ive got one right by my loft av to watch for that next year :emoticon-0138-thinking:

you boys need a catapult :emoticon-0136-giggle:

bern that is how my granch done it top prize winner every year he pretty much followed the dave allan system

interesting with the street light tho coz ive got one right by my loft av to watch for that next year :emoticon-0138-thinking:

I do't know about Dave Allen the best books i read on widowhood were by Ken Kipax and a book called the secret of speed by.E.J Sains

You aint seen me shoot: :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

And a few ball bearings or marbles Andy, you wirnae by chance bred in Craigneuk wir ye?http://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gifhttp://forum.pigeonbasics.org/public/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

no John , but i did travel over that way a few years back , and taught some locals a few tricks :emoticon-0136-giggle:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest maricelbill

or as we say in waterford a gallybander

also useful for cock ups........jaysus lads, the whole thing went gallyhbanders

or for poor looking women..........a head like a gallybander

for stupid ideas..................are yeh off your gallybander all together?

• 2 months later...
Guest maricelbill

I found by letting the cocks sit twice and race the first race natral it settles the cocks. and by pairing the birds on Jan 14th it allow's the cocks to recoupe and bond to the box after rearing the young. I also found it easier to get the birds in top nick and hold form for a longer peiod in the season

What i don't allow is the cocks to sit more than 5 days on the second round otherwise it triggers the moult, by using this methiod i find they hold the moult for the long enders normally dropping their 1st flight around the first or second week in june.

I've not been on my game the past few years and was pulling my hair out, (now i'm bald i've found the reason):emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: I noticed that i was having problems with this system the cocks would drop flights early then relised that a street light that lights up my garden was to blame:: :emoticon-0179-headbang: The street light is the reason i'm reluctant to put sky lights in my loft roof.

did you ever hear of a galybander? a hightly scientific gadget made from rubber bands. :emoticon-0126-nerd: designed specifically, and at terrific expense, for problem street lights :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

did you ever hear of a galybander? a hightly scientific gadget made from rubber bands. :emoticon-0126-nerd: designed specifically, and at terrific expense, for problem street lights :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

haw you sling it :emoticon-0127-lipssealed: