Lambrechts

ken

hi i got some lambrechts of an old fellow and he says there the old lines there all dark pieds more black pieds but the ones iv seen are ch mealys and blues and reds he says they come from duckworth. has any body on here got them so they can give me any advice about them thanks

They come in all colours , Bill Duckworth was one of the first with them , most that had them early doors didn't say they had them , you should have some good sprint pigeons there good luck ;)

hi i raced them 2 years ago as ybirds and they came great some times i had the first 4 or 5 on tha gardens winning the club easy but i stoped them as they started to go to the fields and i just kept them this year is the first time iv bred of them and they are comming great but there is a dark pied cock that is all ways out in front of the rest evrey chuck if i can keep him i think he will make a good one. meat to say there not on the dark, neather where there parents.

the Lambrechts are no different to most Continental sprint strains where they have lots of crosses in them you will get them in all colours although the lambeechts do seem to have more than usual there doing there fair share of winning there a few racing here with them will wait and see how they go

Guest robscott

the man himself is a lot cheaper than most in the uk a courier will bump up the price ok but may still work out cheaper than most

have you any contact details for the man himself ??,i googled it n found nothing.

I have Lambrechts. I have bred them pure in case I need to have some pure blood available but I have crossed them with whatever is winning for me. I like them but it is obvious that they are not a pure breed in the sense that they are not inbred. They come in all shapes, sizes and colours. I have got rid of the reds that I originally had because the peregrine targets them.

Up until now they are winning up to 180/200 miles and are very good in a head wind. Some time later I might try them accross the channel but at the moment I am very happy with them. This year I brought in Coorimans and Boeckx pigeons with a view to crossing them with my Lambrechts but if the early signs can be believed these new pigeons will not measure up. We'll see.

Guest robscott

ill be racing from 80-260 miles,not interested in channel racing,ive got some staff van reets on the way but im looking at other sprint families aswell.ive heard a few people making a noise about these lambrechts

i googled it but its all in belguim lol,think ill just keep my eyes open anyone in uk selling em

Spend your time reading the BHW and RP read the articles see who's winning with them, forget those advertising as many trying to earn a buck of a strain name, approach a man who doesn't advertise chances are you'll get a better deal

Guest robscott

Spend your time reading the BHW and RP read the articles see who's winning with them, forget those advertising as many trying to earn a buck of a strain name, approach a man who doesn't advertise chances are you'll get a better deal

yeah true mate,best to buy from a loft thats flying well with these lambrechts.ive been out the pigeon game 7 years but buying a loft end of season,i flew alf rothwell pigeons mainly busshearts last time i had pigeons,boy i wish i still had those,great birds.but ill sharp build up another good team in a year or 2.

yeah true mate,best to buy from a loft thats flying well with these lambrechts.ive been out the pigeon game 7 years but buying a loft end of season,i flew alf rothwell pigeons mainly busshearts last time i had pigeons,boy i wish i still had those,great birds.but ill sharp build up another good team in a year or 2.

U must have had better luck with Alfs birds then we did, we couldn't get on with them

Guest robscott

U must have had better luck with Alfs birds then we did, we couldn't get on with them

ah i did well with alfs birds,my loft took off when i started racing em,nice fella and a good friend of mine alf is, taught me everything i know.

robscot

I would say that Lambrechts would suite you from what you have said but they need to come from a loft that is flying them. I see now that the dealers are already trying to spoil these birds by selling them out of this that and the other thing while the the pigeons are sat in an aviary all day. In a few years the generations of non flyers will build up and they will become as usless as many of these other famous breeds. I used to run Border Collie dogs as did my Father before me. These dogs were brilliant at what they were bred and developed for and dogs that where not up to the job were soon gone. In recent times the Public have got onto the fact that Border Collies are very clever dogs and look good into the bargain. The result is now that it is becoming hard to find good working dogs because they have been bred for anything except working ability in many cases. I reckon that there are far too many dealers out there trying to make their fortunes which is spoiling the very creatures that theu should be protecting.

One little thing I seem to have found out about Lambrechts. All my best pigeons are crosses with other sprint race winners.

robscot

I would say that Lambrechts would suite you from what you have said but they need to come from a loft that is flying them. I see now that the dealers are already trying to spoil these birds by selling them out of this that and the other thing while the the pigeons are sat in an aviary all day. In a few years the generations of non flyers will build up and they will become as usless as many of these other famous breeds. I used to run Border Collie dogs as did my Father before me. These dogs were brilliant at what they were bred and developed for and dogs that where not up to the job were soon gone. In recent times the Public have got onto the fact that Border Collies are very clever dogs and look good into the bargain. The result is now that it is becoming hard to find good working dogs because they have been bred for anything except working ability in many cases. I reckon that there are far too many dealers out there trying to make their fortunes which is spoiling the very creatures that theu should be protecting.

One little thing I seem to have found out about Lambrechts. All my best pigeons are crosses with other sprint race winners.

agree 100% many other working dogs are gone the same way in the shooting game and terriers etc small racing lofts winning today in a not so good location no matter what breed or strain you wont go far wrong

Guest robscott

yes fair points lads.ill only buy from lofts thats winning with these lambrechts not just any tom dick or harry,i got some staff van reets coming soon i wanted to cross lambrechts with these,ill just av to keep my eyes open at sales.

robscot

I would guess that the Staf van Reets with performance behind them would be a very good cross for the Lambrechts. After all the original van Reets were out and out sprinters with a similar backround to the Lambrechts.

Guest robscott

robscot

I would guess that the Staf van Reets with performance behind them would be a very good cross for the Lambrechts. After all the original van Reets were out and out sprinters with a similar backround to the Lambrechts.

yeah mate ive got some staf van reets coming soon,thats what i wanted to do cross svr with lamrebchts.

Guest maricelbill

I have Lambrechts. I have bred them pure in case I need to have some pure blood available but I have crossed them with whatever is winning for me. I like them but it is obvious that they are not a pure breed in the sense that they are not inbred. They come in all shapes, sizes and colours. I have got rid of the reds that I originally had because the peregrine targets them.

Up until now they are winning up to 180/200 miles and are very good in a head wind. Some time later I might try them accross the channel but at the moment I am very happy with them. This year I brought in Coorimans and Boeckx pigeons with a view to crossing them with my Lambrechts but if the early signs can be believed these new pigeons will not measure up. We'll see.

Owen

Guest maricelbill

Owen, Oh good God Owen, I've done everything but pull you out of bed and douse you with cold water, will you for God sake answer me :cry-blow: :cry-blow: :cry-blow: :cry-blow: I can't take it no more, :cry-blow: :cry-blow: